Cydia account issues

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have tried making a couple of purchases with my gmail account which is linked through Amazon. For some reason Cydia has picked an old credit card that I no longer use with Amazon and my purchases are getting declined. The purchases keep saying pending and I have logged into Amazon to make sure the old card is not on record. I could not find anywhere in Cydia where I can change my information. I even went to the extent of creating a new gmail account. The problem is, when I log in with the new account, it automatically links it to my existing and if I choose not to it will not allow the sign up process to continue. Even if I log out of my account and try to purchase the items they still say pending. I am at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated. There must be some caching system on Cydia's server and I have no clue how to change it.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have tried making a couple of purchases with my gmail account which is linked through Amazon. For some reason Cydia has picked an old credit card that I no longer use with Amazon and my purchases are getting declined. The purchases keep saying pending and I have logged into Amazon to make sure the old card is not on record. I could not find anywhere in Cydia where I can change my information. I even went to the extent of creating a new gmail account. The problem is, when I log in with the new account, it automatically links it to my existing and if I choose not to it will not allow the sign up process to continue. Even if I log out of my account and try to purchase the items they still say pending. I am at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated. There must be some caching system on Cydia's server and I have no clue how to change it.

purchases are down because of extreme volume, try again later in the day/week

Ooltewah_Vol

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
purchases are down because of extreme volume, try again later in the day/week

That's all fine and well, but is there a way to change the information because it is linking to an old credit card. It also seems to be working because Amazon sent me an email letting me know Cydia attempted to charge my account.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That's all fine and well, but is there a way to change the information because it is linking to an old credit card. It also seems to be working because Amazon sent me an email letting me know Cydia attempted to charge my account.

not until the error message changes in cydia and you get through, just keep trying i guess

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I emailed amazon payments and they apologized but told me they couldn't stop them from charging that card or cancel that order. I unauthorized cydia in amazon payments and double checked to be sure that card was indeed removed. It was so I went back and tried to purchase something else while the other item was pending. Now I have the option of using paypal, amazon single payment or amazon +remember this payment info. I'm just going to do single payment for now on so this doesn't happen in the future. I used amazon single payment and it went through instantly. As for the pending item, it's still pending except after a hour or so it allowed me to install it though it still says pending. I have no idea what's going to happen to that app when cydia finally gives up on that card. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner