4S Evasi0n Jailbreak 6.1 OTA

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any experience or heard if anyone that has had problems updating OTA from 6.0.1 to 6.1 and then jailbreaking with Evasi0n.

I updated over the air to 6.1 and I won't be able to jailbreak my phone for 2 months. Don't ask why? Some peps on this forum know why.

I updated to 6.1 not knowing that Evasi0n would be compatible with 6.0.1 which was a fresh restore from iTunes.

Am I just going to be effected if I wanna downgrade in the future or restore, as I may have to settle for that.

Of course if I can do an iTunes restore while apple is still signing 6.1 then I will. But I may not be able to.

Odd one I know?

3cit, Massie, Blink, Lealipoo, everyone?????? I need your help buddies??

Me ;-)

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I tested it with my spare iPhone 4 going from 6.0.1 (iTunes restore) to 6.1 ota then evasi0n with no issues in the jailbreak process and it is functioning as expected for now.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
the jailbreak will work exceptionally wel no matter how you got to 6.1.
the only issues is in downgrading, which may never be a possibility anyways!

volcomstar08

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Here's my problem; I've downloaded obsidian theme (complete) then it was free and now it's a paid app and it won't let me uninstall it through packages. I think it's causing my phone to crash when performing simple tasks ie trying to open the camera via lockscreen. Any way to uninstall it?

Chamidu Fernando

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Evasi0n Jailbreak 6.1 OTA phone call problem

Hey, guys i got a problem after jailbreaking my IPhone 4s IOS 6.1!!

Usually when I take a call and keep the phone to the ear, the light/display goes and when i take it back to my hand, the display comes back! After i jailbroke the phone, well when making the call and keeping it in ear the display goes alright but it DOESN't come back, even after the call is ended! I have to lock the iPhone and come back, the dial-pad/ phone!!

Please HELP i hate that because i make a lot of calls!!! Pls somebody help!

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: Evasi0n Jailbreak 6.1 OTA phone call problem

Hey, guys i got a problem after jailbreaking my IPhone 4s IOS 6.1!!

Usually when I take a call and keep the phone to the ear, the light/display goes and when i take it back to my hand, the display comes back! After i jailbroke the phone, well when making the call and keeping it in ear the display goes alright but it DOESN't come back, even after the call is ended! I have to lock the iPhone and come back, the dial-pad/ phone!!

Please HELP i hate that because i make a lot of calls!!! Pls somebody help!

you can TRY doing a reboot and see what happens. if you have no luck i would start removing jailbroken apps/tweaks one-by-one starting with your most recent and do a reboot after each removal as well

if no luck after that then you gotta ask yourself "is jailbreaking worth it..? is it REALLY worth it?"

i mean you jailBROKE your device, something WILL be BROKEN but typically the return is "worth" it. it's a sacrifice - little issues here and there for a different looking phone than the next person. this is also when you need to weigh the pros vs cons and see where that leaves you

i tend to lean towards the stability of a stock device, you might too

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711