Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any experience or heard if anyone that has had problems updating OTA from 6.0.1 to 6.1 and then jailbreaking with Evasi0n.

I updated over the air to 6.1 and I won't be able to jailbreak my phone for 2 months. Don't ask why? Some peps on this forum know why.

I updated to 6.1 not knowing that Evasi0n would be compatible with 6.0.1 which was a fresh restore from iTunes.

Am I just going to be effected if I wanna downgrade in the future or restore, as I may have to settle for that.

Of course if I can do an iTunes restore while apple is still signing 6.1 then I will. But I may not be able to.

Odd one I know?

3cit, Massie, Blink, Lealipoo, everyone?????? I need your help buddies??

Me ;-)
    02-05-2013 12:49 PM
    I tested it with my spare iPhone 4 going from 6.0.1 (iTunes restore) to 6.1 ota then evasi0n with no issues in the jailbreak process and it is functioning as expected for now.
    02-05-2013 12:56 PM
    the jailbreak will work exceptionally wel no matter how you got to 6.1.
    the only issues is in downgrading, which may never be a possibility anyways!
    1982ollie likes this.
    02-05-2013 12:57 PM
    Here's my problem; I've downloaded obsidian theme (complete) then it was free and now it's a paid app and it won't let me uninstall it through packages. I think it's causing my phone to crash when performing simple tasks ie trying to open the camera via lockscreen. Any way to uninstall it?
    02-05-2013 12:59 PM
    the jailbreak will work exceptionally wel no matter how you got to 6.1.
    the only issues is in downgrading, which may never be a possibility anyways!
    Thanks buddy!!
    02-05-2013 01:01 PM
    Hey, guys i got a problem after jailbreaking my IPhone 4s IOS 6.1!!

Usually when I take a call and keep the phone to the ear, the light/display goes and when i take it back to my hand, the display comes back! After i jailbroke the phone, well when making the call and keeping it in ear the display goes alright but it DOESN't come back, even after the call is ended! I have to lock the iPhone and come back, the dial-pad/ phone!!

Please HELP i hate that because i make a lot of calls!!! Pls somebody help!
    Last edited by Chamidu Fernando; 02-10-2013 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes
    02-10-2013 01:23 AM
    Hey, guys i got a problem after jailbreaking my IPhone 4s IOS 6.1!!

Usually when I take a call and keep the phone to the ear, the light/display goes and when i take it back to my hand, the display comes back! After i jailbroke the phone, well when making the call and keeping it in ear the display goes alright but it DOESN't come back, even after the call is ended! I have to lock the iPhone and come back, the dial-pad/ phone!!

Please HELP i hate that because i make a lot of calls!!! Pls somebody help!
    you can TRY doing a reboot and see what happens. if you have no luck i would start removing jailbroken apps/tweaks one-by-one starting with your most recent and do a reboot after each removal as well

if no luck after that then you gotta ask yourself "is jailbreaking worth it..? is it REALLY worth it?"

i mean you jailBROKE your device, something WILL be BROKEN but typically the return is "worth" it. it's a sacrifice - little issues here and there for a different looking phone than the next person. this is also when you need to weigh the pros vs cons and see where that leaves you

i tend to lean towards the stability of a stock device, you might too
    02-10-2013 07:12 AM