New to iPhone and JB

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So this is my first IOS device and I am a Palm FrankenPre convert. So when the option to jailbreak came available, I had to jump on it! I want as much control over MY device as possible.

Thanks to all the devs that made it possible. Jailbreak is done and Cydia is present. But when I opened it, boy was I surprised by the amount of things that were available. I am currently overwhelmed and don't even know where to start lol! I guess there is a lot of reading I need to do.

Are most 'tweaks' free or most paid options? Any suggestions? I will go through the JB forum and read up tonight, but a head start would be awesome. Thanks again to everyone involved.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Read. A lot.

I'm not trolling you but there is a ton of different things. I spent several months just reading and playing with things before I got everything how I wanted it.

Suggestions to start will likely all be the same:

Sbsettings
Activator
iFile

For myself I always recommend BiteSMS but I've added Zephyr for UI navigation and Springtomize 2 for a good number of tweaks all rolled in one.

A lot of the good tweaks are free, but there is a fairly large amount of tweaks that are well worth the price asked for.

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel as if your response was 'trolling' me at all. I agree with the reading part definitely; just so much available, it would be crazy not to. I have seen the suggestions you have mentioned a lot, before ever JB'n, so I will probably give them a go.

Thanks for your response and help!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iOS and JB'ng

I would recommend only installing a hand full of tweaks at a time to test things out and see what you find useful. After you install a tweak give it sometime to make sure it plays nice with what you have installed. If you install a bunch all at once it is hard to diagnose issues. With that I have tested and used a lot of tweaks and now that I am back to being JailBroken I am streamlined down to only a few:

In not particular order:

Auxo
BiteSMS
iFile
iTerminal
ShowCase
WeeKillBackround Pro (going to remove this if Auxo works as well as it looks)

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend only installing a hand full of tweaks at a time to test things out and see what you find useful. After you install a tweak give it sometime to make sure it plays nice with what you have installed. If you install a bunch all at once it is hard to diagnose issues.

This.

And bamf-hacker, I've found auxo and zephyr to be a great looking and functional combination.

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeh, on the Pre we had to do the same thing.. Install 1 or 2, wait, wait, wait -- ok all is good? GO! Lol. I see it will be hard though.. Just looking at what you guys suggested so far, I want it ALL!! Testing a couple of free ones now...

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Oooooooo that's just wrong lol! Reminds me of my good ole Pre. If it could have had a lil more attention from HP or been bought by some one other than them, it might have been something special. Needed to get faster, quick (that sounded redundant??) and needed more apps (and possible bigger screen). I almost bought ran to look for that tweak just out of sentiment...

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I know the feeling. I wanted a notification light on my iPhone after leaving bb just out of sheer habit. Now I don't think I could tolerate having a blinking light all the time. I have most of my notifications set to not even light up the display when locked.

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
OMGoodness!! I almost bricked my phone last night!!! I installed Zepellin and wanted to have a Dallas Cowboys logo instead of sprint in the corner. When I downloaded the NFL pack, I restarted my phone and...... All I saw was an Apple on the screen for 30-40 mins. After multiple attempts of holding power and home key, it finally came back. I removed those two, and I am back in action. But I was indeed a little scared... Will take it a bit slower, definitely....

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
OMGoodness!! I almost bricked my phone last night!!! I installed Zepellin and wanted to have a Dallas Cowboys logo instead of sprint in the corner. When I downloaded the NFL pack, I restarted my phone and...... All I saw was an Apple on the screen for 30-40 mins. After multiple attempts of holding power and home key, it finally came back. I removed those two, and I am back in action. But I was indeed a little scared... Will take it a bit slower, definitely....

It's not zeppelin that's the issue, it's an issue with evasion (the long reboot). There will be a fix out soon, but you did the right thing to fix it. You can also try holding volume up + power (this will throw you into safe mode then you can respring safely).

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

That's what you get for trying to put a Cowboys logo on your phone. :)

dowdyrich

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I knew I should have edited that out LOL! It already hurts enough being a fan, you just had to step on me while we are down, huh? LMAO! The logo on my phone was the one thing that Jerry Jones couldn't mess up, or did he......

I like your avatar btw... So many things on this forum to remind me of my dearly departed Pre....

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I knew I should have edited that out LOL! It already hurts enough being a fan, you just had to step on me while we are down, huh? LMAO! The logo on my phone was the one thing that Jerry Jones couldn't mess up, or did he......

There is nothing wrong with being a Cowboys fan!!! Die hard since 79' with a Dallas Cowboys star tattoo to prove it :)

OK back on topic :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR