iPhone 4 iOS 6.1 Evasi0n -Having Trouble With Jailbreak

anab149

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Siri on my evasi0n jailbroken iPhone 4, iOS6.1 . after restarting it is stuck at apple logo. it is not turing ON. please help.

thanks

AA

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 4 iOS 6.1 Evasi0n stuck at apple logo after installing Siri original

Try holding the home and power buttons to force a restart.

edmonds11000

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 4 iOS 6.1 Evasi0n stuck at apple logo after installing Siri original

The exact same thing happened to me. After continuously trying to hold the lock and home screen I finally got my phone to go into recovery mode (Hold the lock and home button until the screen goes black, then let go of the lock button and plug your phone into a computer) then I had to restore my iPhone. I lost all of my apps but thankfully i still had my pictures and contacts. Right now i'm trying one that doesn't require siriport (from what i've read siriport isn't working very well).

Fernando Rhey

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I had exactly the same problem and had to restore the iPhone too..

Hope sth with be released soon... :cool:

matin ahmed

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

this took me a long time, and after playing around with tinyumbrella and trying to rejailbreak it while its already jailbroken (and stuck on the apple logo) i basically put it to DFU mode and connected to itunes and tried restoring, i got error messages 3194 and 2005 i went to the apple support page and it told me to restart my pc and then try restoring again. i did that and now as i type my phone is restoring.

jstation

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I have same issue with Evasi0n+Siriport... thanks for reporting the issue... at least I'm not alone

Teddy Thomas

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Had the same issue on my 3GS running 6.1. I jailbroke using evad3rs jailbreak and installed Siriport for iOS 6. I attempted to reboot the phone but got stuck on the Apple boot screen. For whatever reason, it seems the issue is with some modifications made to the file com.apple.Springboard.plist in the folder /System/Library/LaunchDaemons. See this link: SiNfuL iPhone - View Single Post - [Ac!d]Siri (2) >> (3) [HOW TO]. Instead of downloading that ZIP, however, I found that there was a backup of the file in that directory called com.apple.Springboard.bak. I deleted the .plist file and renamed the .bak to .plist and was able to reboot my phone and uninstall Siriport.You can make the modifications by plugging in your iDevice while it is stuck on the boot screen, rebooting, and using a program like iFunbox to navigate to the folder. Let me know if I can clarify. I hope the makers of Siriport get that working with the eva3drs jailbreak soon.

Niniack

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

You are just......awesome....just plain awesome THANK YOU! btw so will there be a way in the future get siriport?

Tim Moran1

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I have ths problem after trying to install siri. I downloaded ifunbox but it won't sense my iphone. I don't know what to do.

Mruniverse

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Jailbroken iPhone 5 running siri extensions are not working properly. Often will freeze or worse stuck at apple logo. Who wants to restore and have to battle the flood of new cydia users. Try this little trick from a person who did not want to endure that storm. Put iPhone into "recovery mode" -> power button & home button 15secs -> let go power button on 15th sec without releasing home button for additional 5 secs longer -> u will see iTunes logo with power cable. ***** use tiny umbrella free application (u should have this by now people) to "exit recovery mode." Done and done. Thank u evaders and tiny umbrella developers u are really amazing. Very inspiring.

Billy Walsh

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Just joined with the express purpose of saying thanks Tom! Saved a lot of people a lot of hassle!:D:D:D

Fernando Rhey

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Jailbroken iPhone 5 running siri extensions are not working properly. Often will freeze or worse stuck at apple logo. Who wants to restore and have to battle the flood of new cydia users. Try this little trick from a person who did not want to endure that storm. Put iPhone into "recovery mode" -> power button & home button 15secs -> let go power button on 15th sec without releasing home button for additional 5 secs longer -> u will see iTunes logo with power cable. ***** use tiny umbrella free application (u should have this by now people) to "exit recovery mode." Done and done. Thank u evaders and tiny umbrella developers u are really amazing. Very inspiring.

Both solutions ran perfectly! Thanks Thomas and MrUniverse!

soulcliff

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

thank you guys!! but does someone have an option or an alternative for siriport? :/

oh yeaa.. i read that evasi0n got an update in cydia to make the booting shorter.. :) well does that mean that the problem with siriport is maybe fixed now? :)

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 4 iOS 6.1 Evasi0n stuck at apple logo after installing Siri original

I was in a boot loop with my iPhone 5. You can press and hold the up volume button and it will boot up without any cydia tweaks. "Safe mode" to uninstall or fix the error that you did.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jjorge105

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

I can't thank you enough, you just saved me from an uber long restore.

Fernando Rhey

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

thank you guys!! but does someone have an option or an alternative for siriport? :/

oh yeaa.. i read that evasi0n got an update in cydia to make the booting shorter.. :) well does that mean that the problem with siriport is maybe fixed now? :)

I didn't try siripot again so I won't tell you if it's ok now, but I installed successfully following this alternative: Exclusive: Siri for iPhone 4 with Evasi0n Jailbreak in iOS 6.1 - YouTube

It works fine here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro