BITESMS crashing after a reply

AndyLu

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So I got bitesms to download but every time I reply a text it would reset and go into safe mode. Wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue. Thanks

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am on an iP5 and BiteSMS is working great. No issues at all. I installed from the bite repository last night.

Try uninstalling it and reinstalling to see of something was mucked up.

AndyLu

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded from the same repo. Uninstalled and reinstalled a ton of times. Is it possible during jb it got messed up?
All my other tweaks work fine

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am running a lean JB twaek list:

Auxo
BiteSMS
iFile
iTerminal
ShowCase
WeeKillBackround Pro

Try removing some of your other tweaks to see if there is an incompatible one installed.

AndyLu

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
i reinstalled the jb and installed the latest bitesms. still crashes on replies.
i've sent a crash reporter to the guys at bitesms. hopefully they can figure it out

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Which version of BiteSMS are you using? I had this problem with 7.1, which comes from the usual repos. There is a beta version out that you have to add Bite's repo for: http://cydia.bitesms.com That includes the 7.2 beta that was just updated again last night. When I upgraded to the beta, my iphone 5 stopped having the same problem you're describing.

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
And now bite 7.2 beta now crashes upon reply for me.

Edit: installed evasi0n update and bite 7.3.1, no crashes... Yet

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Jrome, it said it shortly after you installed it. A window popped up to tell you about your seven day license. Bitesms is one of the more friendly paid apps. If you do not want to pay, don't. You'll keep all of the functionality. After the seven days, it will display an ad. To remove the ad, simply pay for the license. If $8 is more than you wish to pay, wait a while. Bitesms offers half off discounts from time to time. $4 is definitely worth the removal of the ads. You'll use more than the $8 from the app regardless.

dakinescripts

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi-Mine keeps crashing too. I took off the last 2 tweaks I had downloaded and that wasn't the problem. I also reinstalled bite sms and it still seems to be the reason I'm crashing. I have a 4 S and after I write a text or receive one --whether I answer it right away or not--I get the apple symbol then the safe mode alert and I have to reboot. Thanks for any help-I'm a newbie at this!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Jrome, it said it shortly after you installed it. A window popped up to tell you about your seven day license. Bitesms is one of the more friendly paid apps. If you do not want to pay, don't. You'll keep all of the functionality. After the seven days, it will display an ad. To remove the ad, simply pay for the license. If $8 is more than you wish to pay, wait a while. Bitesms offers half off discounts from time to time. $4 is definitely worth the removal of the ads. You'll use more than the $8 from the app regardless.

Yes, but with mine after that every time I opened BiteSMS it would check for the license and then tell me I didn't have it. Which gets annoying really fast.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Install crash reporter and syslog tweaks to create a report every time a tweak or something crashes. It'll be helpful for us and developers to figure out what's causing the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods