No QR w/biteSMS?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else not getting the QR pop-up with biteSMS? I can not seem to make it happen. I have checked all the settings, and it all looks OK, but that of course means I missed something.

I have also left a message on the biteSMS boards, but Martin might be a bit busy, so I thought I'd toss it out here.

Any help appreciated...

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't changed any settings from the install, but i'm getting the message popping up on my lockscreen and I have the options "Later Call Open Reply", which I usually reply. Is that what you're talking about?

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
@F34R: exactly.
@natasftw: I have a 4s on 6.1 and did d/l the 7.2 update for biteSMS.
@3cit: I am not sure where the SMS notifications toggle would be, which means it should be something obvious, right?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
@3cit: I am not sure where the SMS notifications toggle would be, which means it should be something obvious, right?

3cit was talking about something like you'd see in sbsettings. If you have that installed, look at it. If bitesms is red, you won't get notifications. Ie never turned off notifications in apples settings, but I'd imagine its similar.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

That's a little weird then. I'm using the stock settings, and it worked from the get go.

Check Settings > Quick Reply > .... go through the Lock Mode and Unlock Mode. Make sure in Unlock Mode you have Auto Show Quick Reply "ON".

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I can duplicate the crash every time. I was able to download a crash report app from Cydia and send a report to Martin at his request, so we are working on it. Sounds like something didn't load right to me, but....

Thanks for all the suggestions - still plugging away at Cydia as time permits.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I can duplicate the crash every time. I was able to download a crash report app from Cydia and send a report to Martin at his request, so we are working on it. Sounds like something didn't load right to me, but....

Thanks for all the suggestions - still plugging away at Cydia as time permits.
Keep us updated please, just in case others experience the same problem.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How many tweaks you have running? Might be a new conflict? If you're down for trouble shooting on day one, disable all but bite and see if you still he crash issue

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, bite and winterboard were the only two Tweeks I have gotten yet.

Good thought though. Martin has a crash log from this afternoon and I am hoping to hear from him later about his findings. I am also considering a full restore - again - and start over from scratch.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
This, I did this immediately after installing and not having quick reply working and it worked. I was going to post this but redbeard beat me to it.

I actually like the feature where you have to tap the banner to open up the QR, because many times the pop up QR box would interrupt what I'm doing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods