What's the best order to have phone completely stock but jailbroken?

Rabbit994

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently rocking 4S that started out with iOS 5 and has been OTA upgraded over time. I've started to get little bugs or issues that I blame on constant cycle of upgrading. So I've decided now is a good time to wipe the slate clean and start over.

What's probably best method of getting there? Should I jailbreak first then reset my phone or is better to reset my phone then jailbreak it? Does it even matter?

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would do a restore and then jb. Might wanna wait for someone to either confirm this would be good, or provide better, more experienced advice lol.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently rocking 4S that started out with iOS 5 and has been OTA upgraded over time. I've started to get little bugs or issues that I blame on constant cycle of upgrading. So I've decided now is a good time to wipe the slate clean and start over.

What's probably best method of getting there? Should I jailbreak first then reset my phone or is better to reset my phone then jailbreak it? Does it even matter?

Jail breaking modifies what you already have. If you're wanting a fresh wipe, don't jailbreak first. This will lead you to needing to upgrade ios anyway.

Either way, backup and update to 6.1, the newest iOS and the only one apple will allow. If you WANT to jailbreak, do so afterwards. If not, you're done as soon as the apple update finishes.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you jailbreak then restore you will lose your jailbreak.
For a true clean slate, restore as new then jailbreak, then set your new phone up as you wish

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner