Remove Carrier Namer?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Let me throw in Springtomize 2. It's an overkill if all you want is to remove the carrier string, but it is an option.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been using FakeCarrier and just set it to blank but I just stumbled upon something else Cydia, it's called DateCarrier. It replaces the carrier name with the current date and since I don't use SBsettings it's nice to have the date back in my status bar.

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been using FakeCarrier and just set it to blank but I just stumbled upon something else Cydia, it's called DateCarrier. It replaces the carrier name with the current date and since I don't use SBsettings it's nice to have the date back in my status bar.

I currently have DateCarrier on my 4s, it shows the date fine, but dues not update unless I reboot the phone, any suggestions would be appreciated,
thanks

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I currently have DateCarrier on my 4s, it shows the date fine, but dues not update unless I reboot the phone, any suggestions would be appreciated,
thanks

I had the same problem and discovered you have to have the setting to automatically set date and time. It's under settings, general, date and time, set automatically to on.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and discovered you have to have the setting to automatically set date and time. It's under settings, general, date and time, set automatically to on.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

I checked, and it was set to on. I toggled it off then back on and the date updated. Hopefully it will now update daily. Thanks for the info

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Tweet @LondonComp ***

unfortunately did not automatically update again.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings, privacy, location services then scroll to the bottom, system services and make sure that "Setting Time Zone" is switched to on.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

Last edited:

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings, privacy, location services then scroll to the bottom, system services and make sure that "Setting Time Zone" is switched to on.

Tweet @LondonComp ***

I tried this and still no update. I reinstalled DateCarrier, and for some reason, it still doesn't want to update. Not sure

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried this and still no update. I reinstalled DateCarrier, and for some reason, it still doesn't want to update. Not sure

Well that's all I have, I'm guessing that you have tried to restart your phone right?

Tweet @LondonComp ***

mike in nc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Well that's all I have, I'm guessing that you have tried to restart your phone right?

Tweet @LondonComp ***

yes, restarted it a couple times. I will just screw around with a few other things, I would really like to have the date on the status bar. Thanks again for your suggestions. If I happen to stumble onto something that fixes it I will be sure to let you know.

Reis1486

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have springtomize 2.0 this will not only take care of this for you but introduce you to a number of other tweaks to add/remove from the status bar...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW