Backup Password in iTunes

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Anybody getting this password: (The attached device has a backup password set. You need to disable the backup password in iTunes before you can continue.
Start iTunes, remove the backup password and start this Program again). I went into iTunes and to Summary then Backups. The button is grayed out for Encrypt this iphone backup and I can't seem to remove the backup password. Am I looking in the right place? Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You may need to go into iTunes and on the device's summary screen, uncheck the option to encrypt back-ups until you get the jailbreak completed - then you can re-enable the option when you get everything restored with the jailbreak.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You may need to go into iTunes and on the device's summary screen, uncheck the option to encrypt back-ups until you get the jailbreak completed - then you can re-enable the option when you get everything restored with the jailbreak.

link created to send new posts back here...
when they come

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for some reason it is grayed out and won't let me uncheck it. I've tried it with both a computer and a iCloud backup with no luck.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately for some reason it is grayed out and won't let me uncheck it. I've tried it with both a computer and a iCloud backup with no luck.

Are you running OS X? Look for a padlock somewhere on the screen. The option might require additional privilages.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Yes, I have 7 profiles installed on my iPhone that my IT department put on there so I can us my personal phone to access company email. Question, can I erase all, set up as new, jailbreak and then restore from the most recent backup and accomplish what I need to have corporate email with a jail broken iPhone 5?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
With profiles installed, it's pretty difficult to say what you can and can't do. Those can have a good bit of control over the functionality of your phone.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Got it figured out. Backed up first then I erased everything, set up as new, jail broke and restored from a backup. Worked great.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, because of the corporate security on this phone, I could not uncheck the password because it was disabled. I had to follow the steps I outlined.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR