Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    keneo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    I feel so much better now.
    What a release after 4 months of waiting.
    I wont do anything with my phone now. I just emotionally needed to know that my phone was jailbroken.
    Whew....
  2. #2  
    Aimar_69's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Hey keno ..
    a quick q .. was it unlocked after the jailbreak?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    keneo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Before you jailbreak you must make sure you disable the lock screen.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    keneo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Although my phone is now jailbroken, and that in itself is satisfying, I am unable to install any of my favorite cydia apps
    -activator
    -SBsettings
    -Hands free..


    Has anyone else been able to install these items?
    maybe the server is being hammered right now?
  5. #5  
    PhxBlue's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    618 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Yeah Cydia is going to be overwhelmed for a couple hours. Theres nothing wrong other than server overload im sure.
    Mobile tech addict..
  6. #6  
    _YoKolorMeBadd's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by keneo View Post
    Although my phone is now jailbroken, and that in itself is satisfying, I am unable to install any of my favorite cydia apps
    -activator
    -SBsettings
    -Hands free..


    Has anyone else been able to install these items?
    maybe the server is being hammered right now?
    Have you tried NCsettings? It's the same as SBsetting but better IMO.
    Verizon iPhone 5 16GB
    MacBook Mid 2010 2.4GHZ 500GB 8GB RAM
    iPad Mini 16GB
    iRy757 likes this.
  7. #7  
    _YoKolorMeBadd's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.3

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by PhxBlue View Post
    Yeah Cydia is going to be overwhelmed for a couple hours. Theres nothing wrong other than server overload im sure.
    Yes, tried to download CallBlocker and some fonts but they wouldn't download. Took me a few tries to get NCsettings to download completely.
    Verizon iPhone 5 16GB
    MacBook Mid 2010 2.4GHZ 500GB 8GB RAM
    iPad Mini 16GB
  8. #8  
    donovaniscool's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    SBsettings has been there from the start of jailbreaking. NC is still new and bluggy. SB > NC
  9. #9  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    You'd think after your other threads were moved or locked you'd have figured out why...lol.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Heisenberg and iRy757 like this.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    keneo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You'd think after your other threads were moved or locked you'd have figured out why...lol.

    please enlighten me.
  11. #11  
    finn5975's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    797 Posts
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by keneo View Post
    please enlighten me.
    There is a forum specifically dedicated to jailbreaking

    http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking...s-themes-mods/
  12. #12  
    natasftw's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,090 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimar_69 View Post
    Hey keno ..
    a quick q .. was it unlocked after the jailbreak?
    No. Unlocking is not the same as jailbreaking.
  13. #13  
    F34R's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by keneo View Post
    I feel so much better now.
    What a release after 4 months of waiting.
    I wont do anything with my phone now. I just emotionally needed to know that my phone was jailbroken.
    Whew....
    I feel the same way... Feels like I just got a brand new phone today.
    Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
  14. #14  
    Spinaltap's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    I was able to get activator, only one so far...


    Tapatalker
  15. #15  
    brooklyndon2911's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    This may be a stupid question. But ive never jailborke before. I updated via ota to 6.1 how how do I do it via iTunes if I've already updated via ota?
  16. #16  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    2,989 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,361 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by BKING2911 View Post
    This may be a stupid question. But ive never jailborke before. I updated via ota to 6.1 how how do I do it via iTunes if I've already updated via ota?
    Do you mean update to 6.1 via iTunes? There's no need to update again through
    iTunes if you're just looking to jailbreak with evasi0n
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    Thanked by:
    brooklyndon2911 (02-04-2013)
  17. #17  
    brooklyndon2911's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Do you mean update to 6.1 via iTunes? There's no need to update again through
    iTunes if you're just looking to jailbreak with evasi0n
    I hear its better to update through iTunes but i already did via ota. Now I want to able to go back to non jailbreak if I don't like it how would I be able to do that?
  18. #18  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    2,989 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,361 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by BKING2911 View Post
    I hear its better to update through iTunes but i already did via ota. Now I want to able to go back to non jailbreak if I don't like it how would I be able to do that?
    Just connect your phone to iTunes, make sure you make a backup, and hit the update
    button. You'll be good to go.

    In case iTunes gives you errors during the update, put the phone into recovery mode
    and then hit update.

    To put your into Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode:

    1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and start iTunes.
    2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep button and slide to power off.
    3. Press and hold down the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously.
    4. After 10 seconds release the Sleep button but continue to hold the Home button down.
    5. iTunes will pop up a window that says it has "detected an iPhone in recovery mode."
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    Thanked by:
    brooklyndon2911 (02-04-2013)
  19. #19  
    brooklyndon2911's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1

    Default My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just connect your phone to iTunes, make sure you make a backup, and hit the update
    button. You'll be good to go.

    In case iTunes gives you errors during the update, put the phone into recovery mode
    and then hit update.

    To put your into Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode:

    1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and start iTunes.
    2. Turn off your iPhone by holding down the Sleep button and slide to power off.
    3. Press and hold down the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously.
    4. After 10 seconds release the Sleep button but continue to hold the Home button down.
    5. iTunes will pop up a window that says it has "detected an iPhone in recovery mode."
    Gonna go give it a try. Thanks for the help
  20. #20  
    Tanbam's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    190 Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Do you mean update to 6.1 via iTunes? There's no need to update again through
    iTunes if you're just looking to jailbreak with evasi0n
    Based on the last few jailbreak/iOS combinations, it's preferred to update via iTunes in case you need to restore to 6.1 after Apple moves on.

    We were stuck at 5.1.1 for several months now, and if you installed something that borked your phone, you could just restore 5.1.1 to the phone and start over using SHSH blobs, but ONLY if you'd gotten to 5.1.1 via iTunes. If you had an OTA update, you would have been forced to update to whatever was currently being signed.

    For ANYONE who is interested in keeping a jailbreakable phone in the future, it's very important to update via iTunes.
  21. #21  
    Jodierogers11's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Hi, I just recently unlocked my iPhone 5 and it went fine. I'm completely new to this and so do not know what I am doing. The whole reason for me unlocking my iPhone was to unlock it so I could use any sim as my phone was locked to the orange network. However since doing this when I plugged my new vodafone sim in my phone it was not recognised and told me to plug an orange sim in as it is lock to orange! Someone please help me!
  22. #22  
    Laelipoo's Avatar

    Posts
    1,913 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodierogers11 View Post
    Hi, I just recently unlocked my iPhone 5 and it went fine. I'm completely new to this and so do not know what I am doing. The whole reason for me unlocking my iPhone was to unlock it so I could use any sim as my phone was locked to the orange network. However since doing this when I plugged my new vodafone sim in my phone it was not recognised and told me to plug an orange sim in as it is lock to orange! Someone please help me!

    Do you mean you jailbroke your phone, or unlocked? Because if it's the later, you should be done. If it's the former, then you've only jailbroken, and not unlocked, which is a completely different beast. To unlock the iPhone 5, you most likely would have to pay for an IMEI unlock.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

    ​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    Ipheuria likes this.
  23. #23  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,840 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by _YoKolorMeBadd View Post
    Have you tried NCsettings? It's the same as SBsetting but better IMO.
    why is it better? I keep reading this and I am an old skool JBer so don't usually try out new apps unless the one I use stops working.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  24. #24  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,840 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jodierogers11 View Post
    Hi, I just recently unlocked my iPhone 5 and it went fine. I'm completely new to this and so do not know what I am doing. The whole reason for me unlocking my iPhone was to unlock it so I could use any sim as my phone was locked to the orange network. However since doing this when I plugged my new vodafone sim in my phone it was not recognised and told me to plug an orange sim in as it is lock to orange! Someone please help me!
    This is why you should have asked before you did the JB. Depending on the unlock you used and from what you described it sounds like a software based unlock. When you upgraded to 6.1 you updated the baseband. Software unlocks are only compatible with certain basebands which is why you've now lost the unlock. There are different options available to you I haven't unlocked in so long that I am not up to date on the unlock tools. I would suggest instead you look at an IMEI ulock like Laelipoo suggested to another poster. This will be a hardware unlock and your phone will always be unlocked. So you can upgrade the iOS and JB without worrying about losing your unlock.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  25. #25  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,840 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

    I'm feeling so good now that my i5 is JB. I have done zero tweaks and apps because I usually wait for a day or two until the madness subsides. I have however done one thing that even if it was all I could do would make Jailbreak worthwhile to me. I made it so that the album art of playing music has been banished from my lock screen Forever Muhahahaha
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. how do I know my iphone is jailbroken?
    By pcity21 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2011, 09:33 PM
  2. Is my iphone actually jailbroken?
    By Stains in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 04:13 PM
  3. My iPhone is Imploding!! Help!
    By TDavis28 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. Selling my iPhone, Is it a good idea?
    By EnterpriseGlobe in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
  5. My Iphone is locked
    By Paul Weinstock in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 10:00 PM

Posting Permissions