My iPhone 5 is JailBroken. Ahhhhhhhh...

Jodierogers11

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just recently unlocked my iPhone 5 and it went fine. I'm completely new to this and so do not know what I am doing. The whole reason for me unlocking my iPhone was to unlock it so I could use any sim as my phone was locked to the orange network. However since doing this when I plugged my new vodafone sim in my phone it was not recognised and told me to plug an orange sim in as it is lock to orange! Someone please help me!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I just recently unlocked my iPhone 5 and it went fine. I'm completely new to this and so do not know what I am doing. The whole reason for me unlocking my iPhone was to unlock it so I could use any sim as my phone was locked to the orange network. However since doing this when I plugged my new vodafone sim in my phone it was not recognised and told me to plug an orange sim in as it is lock to orange! Someone please help me!

Do you mean you jailbroke your phone, or unlocked? Because if it's the later, you should be done. If it's the former, then you've only jailbroken, and not unlocked, which is a completely different beast. To unlock the iPhone 5, you most likely would have to pay for an IMEI unlock.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

This is why you should have asked before you did the JB. Depending on the unlock you used and from what you described it sounds like a software based unlock. When you upgraded to 6.1 you updated the baseband. Software unlocks are only compatible with certain basebands which is why you've now lost the unlock. There are different options available to you I haven't unlocked in so long that I am not up to date on the unlock tools. I would suggest instead you look at an IMEI ulock like Laelipoo suggested to another poster. This will be a hardware unlock and your phone will always be unlocked. So you can upgrade the iOS and JB without worrying about losing your unlock.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm feeling so good now that my i5 is JB. I have done zero tweaks and apps because I usually wait for a day or two until the madness subsides. I have however done one thing that even if it was all I could do would make Jailbreak worthwhile to me. I made it so that the album art of playing music has been banished from my lock screen Forever Muhahahaha

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I hear its better to update through iTunes but i already did via ota. Now I want to able to go back to non jailbreak if I don't like it how would I be able to do that?

You'd have to restore from iTunes. First download the ipsw that belongs to your device, if you have a Mac; click ctrl/alt+restore and find your downloaded ipsw. If you have a windows; click shift+restore and find your downloaded ipsw. It should restore from iTunes like that with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2