Countdown to iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak release party!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So iOS 6 had one, the iPhone 5 release/preorder had one, and I'm sure there have been more in the past.

I figured it appropriate to have one for us jailbreak users out there as well!

This is it! As tradition seems to show, as well as the www.evasi0n.com website, the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak should be upon us tomorrow! They are now 80% complete and extended beta testing is in progress. Lets hang out and anticipate the jailbreak!!

Are you jailbreaking? What features are you most looking forward to having for the first time or back again? What's the first app you're going to install? Are you using Windows, OSX, or Linux?

There's so much to discuss! Lets have some fun! :D

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Legitimately, you're one of the people I'm
Most happy for here!! You've been so "desperately" waiting for this to happen and been through all the ups and downs of the fakers! I'm genuinely excited for you to be jailbroken finely!!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Legitimately, you're one of the people I'm
Most happy for here!! You've been so "desperately" waiting for this to happen and been through all the ups and downs of the fakers! I'm genuinely excited for you to be jailbroken finely!!

Haha thanks a lot man! I love what the jailbreak does to this device. It's already a great product but the jailbreak just makes it straight out flawless! This is the longest I've ever been stock so this is a big deal for me! I truly appreciate your comment, thanks again! :)

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Dashboard X, MyWi OnDemand, Springtomize 2, the Infini-suite of apps and a plethora of NC widgets. That's what comes to mind as I type this. By the time I finish the make-over, even I won't be able to recognize my iPad :D

It's close to 1:00 AM in my timezone so I'll be going to bed soon. Hopefully I'll find a twitter explosion and two dozen new threads when I wake up. :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll pass out the party hats.

I want my biteSMS and lockinfo and my theme it. Okay I want a lot of things but those are my top 3.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This is the first ever jailbreak for me. I've had iPhones before though but all were stock. An original, then a 3g, 4 and now a 5 but amongst that lot I had a couple of Android phones and I was astonished at the level of customisation that was available to a rooted phone.

So here I am, party hat on head and noise-maker in mouth, holding myself in a state of catlike readiness awaiting the Evasi0n website to go live.

I've done some research and I think the apps I am most interested in are Lockinfo, SBsettings, BiteSMS, possibly Springtomize 2 and some kind of call/SMS blocker as I get a few nuisance/marketing calls/text messages which I would like to completely ignore.

Last edited:

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any particular time when the JB will be released, or anytime between 12am and 11:59pm?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I love the suggestions all! Just talking about these apps are getting me entirely too eager! I used to use SBSettings but I like the look of NCSettings better, it's a bit more discreet which I'm a fan of.

Party hat is on over here! :)

Is there any particular time when the JB will be released, or anytime between 12am and 11:59pm?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

No time indicated but generally jailbreaks in the past have been on a Sunday. So hopefully we can get a good idea when it will be tomorrow based on where the status percentage is tonight!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I love the suggestions all! Just talking about these apps are getting me entirely too eager! I used to use SBSettings but I like the look of NCSettings better, it's a bit more discreet which I'm a fan of.

Party hat is on over here! :)

Ooh I like the look of NCSettings. To be honest, never having used either of them, i'm not sure but i'd rather have the toggles in my notification bar than on the Springboard, so I might have a look at NC instead if they offer a free trial.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I jail broke my wife's iPhone 4 and didn't my 4s. Hers is still jail broken on 5.1.1 but I may update her when it comes out but after playing w her phone all this time I want bitesms on my phone! As well as infofolder. I've not looked at springtomize 2? Ill have to check that out. Very excited though!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Soo excited!!! Installing biteSMS first thing, then color keyboard (miss my sexy black keyboard) NCsettings and lock info!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm here with some BBQ ribs for everyone except you BLiNK you get none :p lol I'm so excited these 4 months has been the longest I have ever used an iPhone with stock iOS in my 5 years. My wife was waiting patiently, her iPhone 4 is JBen and she wanted iOS 6 but wasn't willing to give up BiteSMS. So finally when I heard it was dropping tomorrow I upgraded her phonoe so that when Apple drops 6.1.1 to block the JB she wouldn't miss out. So now it's just a waiting game I'm on OS X and have the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 waiting patiently for the JB to drop. I'm pretty light with my JB apps and tweaks I just love the ability to turn my phone into MY phone with my custom theme. So I'll be doing Winterboard, Homepage in Safari, Infinidock, Gridlock, Lockscreen Clock Hide, Bytafont, NoSpot, BiteSMS, Zephyr on both along with my custome theme. I will be making it so that album art doesn't show on the lock screen when music is playing although I will probably have to rework all my image files in my theme for the iPhone 5 so that will probably be the last thing done.

I can just imagine on the side of the hacker collective how exciting it must be right now working to put this thing together and get everything running smothly. The 4 months since I was last JBen feels like I have been away for an eternity.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm here with some BBQ ribs for everyone except you BLiNK you get none :p lol I'm so excited these 4 months has been the longest I have ever used an iPhone with stock iOS in my 5 years. My wife was waiting patiently, her iPhone 4 is JBen and she wanted iOS 6 but wasn't willing to give up BiteSMS. So finally when I heard it was dropping tomorrow I upgraded her phonoe so that when Apple drops 6.1.1 to block the JB she wouldn't miss out. So now it's just a waiting game I'm on OS X and have the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 waiting patiently for the JB to drop. I'm pretty light with my JB apps and tweaks I just love the ability to turn my phone into MY phone with my custom theme. So I'll be doing Winterboard, Homepage in Safari, Infinidock, Gridlock, Lockscreen Clock Hide, Bytafont, NoSpot, BiteSMS, Zephyr on both along with my custome theme. I will be making it so that album art doesn't show on the lock screen when music is playing although I will probably have to rework all my image files in my theme for the iPhone 5 so that will probably be the last thing done.

I can just imagine on the side of the hacker collective how exciting it must be right now working to put this thing together and get everything running smothly. The 4 months since I was last JBen feels like I have been away for an eternity.

Ahh totally forgot about winterboard!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just incase you guys didn't notice :)

Backup your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud before using evasi0n. This way you are sure to never lose any data if something wrong happens.
Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
Be patient while the jailbreaking process is running, don't start iTunes or Xcode in the meanwhile. The best is to not touch the computer until the end of the jailbreaking process.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73