Downgrading issue; require assistance

Jim Nothing

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yo. I'm not exactly new to jailbreaking, but I haven't always been good at it.

I've recently been trying to downgrade to 5.1.1 from 6.0.1 via redsn0w. It has not been working. After choosing the "Restore" option and the IPSW, I put it into DFU mode, it does it's thing, and one of two things happens.

1. This happens most frequently. Once the bar finished, it goes right back to the restore menu. Nothing as changed, and I have to close and open RedSn0w if I wish to try again.

2. It does it's thing and then eventually says "Failed Exploit" after an attempt at rebooting.

The device is an I Phone 3GS. Does anyone have some advice?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
oh im so excited i got here first!!!

You may just want to use the latest version of redsn0w to restore. Blog.iphone-dev.org Just make sure to carefully read the instructions. EDIT: Now that I am on my computer I can post the relevant bits for you The newest version of redsn0w lets you directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns. This is a good thing and should avoid your issues. Download it from the link I posted earlier in this message. Run it, if on windows you may have to be in compatibility mode. Go to Extras->Even More->Restore, and follow the prompts. When it asks, click "remote blobs". You must also have a local copy of the right 5.1.1 ipsw on your machine and let redsn0w know where it is when prompted. Run it. And be happy. A tutorial with pictures for you: How to Upgrade with RedSn0w Restore iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3 Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was so sure this would be wrapped up by the time I woke up?
Other things to check are the sync cables and USB ports.?
Are you using a genuine apple cable, is it in good condition? Do you have another one you can try?
Are you using the "best" USB ports? Ie the ones located in the back of your pc?
Lady how did you upgrade to 5.1.1? Ota update or through iTunes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2