Since jailbreaking iPod touch 4 has had much less battery life than it used to. Can someone help?

ironwaffle

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Applist, apt 0.7 https method, bigboss icon set, browser changer, Cydia installer, Cydia translations, iCleaner, lowpowerbanner, mobile substrate, mobileTerminal, NoNewsIsGoodNews, Rocky Racoon 5.1.1, software update killer, substrate safe mode, swipeSelection, Tab+

Those are all the packages I have under the simple list. Does anybody know if any of these are possibly responsible? If I go into safe mode battery life is normal again so it has to be one of these.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope.
Are you sure you aren't just using your phone a lot more playing with your new jailbroken features? I.e looking at cydia a lot to see if you like anything?

Everything you mentioned is pretty standard stuff. Shouldn't be causing any battery issues

ironwaffle

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
ive had it jailbroken for a month now. I switch back and for between regular and safe mode. Every time it's in regular it always uses a lot more battery than safe mode.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ive had it jailbroken for a month now. I switch back and for between regular and safe mode. Every time it's in regular it always uses a lot more battery than safe mode.

the only tweak you have on your simple list that i dont also have is tab plus... so try disabling that tweak fro a few hours? i seriously doubt that its that though...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry dude.
I got all tweaks you have plus many many more, and I even went through a battery crisis too.
I don't think I'm much help to you here as my battery is as good as its ever been

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I never actually figured it out!
I really think it was just me being mental?
Like one day I had an issue, and then I decided something must be wrong, so i restored as new and started bringing tweaks back?
And I kept swearing that I had solved the issues, and decided it was location stuff, but in the end I never had a definitive answer.
I just turned off all my battery notices, nothing in the lock screen, or status bar or notification center, and I've been much happier!
I still get alerts when I hit 20% and 10% but that very rarely happens and I use my phone ALOT?

ironwaffle

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It seems to have either been NoNewsIsGoodNews or SoftwareUpdateKiller because I disabd both of them and my battery problems are gone now. Strange, but whatever lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner