Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Confused about jailbreaking is it easy?

I am a new Iphone 5 owner and I always read about people jailbreaking Iphones and Ipods. My questions are How easy is it to do?? I am not a tech person so If I try and do a jailbreak will I ruin my favorite new toy (Iphone 5). Can someone tell me some of the pros of jailbreaking. I know that you will be able to customize the phone a little. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again!!!
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts

Default Re: Confused about jailbreaking

I would start in these threads that are already established and contain ample information to help you decide if jailbreaking is for you.

New to jailbreak? Start here!

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreaking...s-themes-mods/
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,202 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default Confused about jailbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by latinlady View Post
    I am a new Iphone 5 owner and I always read about people jailbreaking Iphones and Ipods. My questions are How easy is it to do?? I am not a tech person so If I try and do a jailbreak will I ruin my favorite new toy (Iphone 5). Can someone tell me some of the pros of jailbreaking. I know that you will be able to customize the phone a little. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Again!!!

They haven't released the jailbreak for the iPhone 5 yet, but it will be fairly easy to jailbreak. Don't have to be tech savey. If its like the jb for the 4S, it will be a one click jailbreak. And if anything does go wrong, u can always restore as new thru iTunes so u won't be left with a brick. Read the stickies in the jailbreak section about everyone's favorite jailbreak apps and tweaks. Enjoy and good luck!