Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Official 6.1 Jailbreaking Tool Announced, Will Be Called Evasi0n

As announced on twitter today, the official website of the 6.1 Jailbreaking tool will be called evasi0n, will jailbreak anything running 6.0-6.1 and will go live soon.

Add it to your bookmarks!

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    Thanked by:
    fre12 (01-30-2013), iDonev (01-31-2013), jwilson2304 (01-30-2013), Padron26 (01-31-2013)
    iDonev likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Laelipoo View Post
    As announced on twitter today, the official website of the 6.1 Jailbreaking tool will be called evasi0n, will jailbreak anything running 6.0-6.1 and will go live soon.

Add it to your bookmarks!

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

I cant wait!!'
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Official 6.1 Jailbreaking Tool Announced, Will Be Called Evasi0n

This is 100% legit? I want to donate, but I want to make sure it's to the proper people for doing all this work for us.

edit:
    found all the info lol. Donation done.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

soon?.. HOW SOON??!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,886 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Will do. Can't wait for the jailbreak to go live.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iPhone Nanite

6.1 very well. 7h usage and 17h30min standby
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Will this jb support untethered on the iPad2? I haven't let my iPad update to iOS6 because I don't want to lose jb on it.
    --
    Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
    Double ROT-13 encrypted for your protection
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by gordol View Post
    Will this jb support untethered on the iPad2? I haven't let my iPad update to iOS6 because I don't want to lose jb on it.
    it appears so ->
    iPhone Nanite

Hello I just purchased my first ipad 4th generation. My main question is if I jail break woulda be able to download apps from the USA ?
    I currently live in an Asian country and when I try to download apps from USA such as Netflix, magazines, etc. the iTunes section for my country won't allow it. If I do jailbreak, would I be able to download those? Also are they free? Sorry I'm a newbie and new to this.
    Any helpful comments would be appreciated
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by luispl View Post
    Hello I just purchased my first ipad 4th generation. My main question is if I jail break woulda be able to download apps from the USA ?
    I currently live in an Asian country and when I try to download apps from USA such as Netflix, magazines, etc. the iTunes section for my country won't allow it. If I do jailbreak, would I be able to download those? Also are they free? Sorry I'm a newbie and new to this.
    Any helpful comments would be appreciated
    You don't need a jailbreak for that. Simply create a second dummy account for iTunes and choose USA as the country. That will allow you to download the free apps from the App Store. If you want to purchase apps, buy US iTunes Gift Cards from eBay and redeem them to your dummy account.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I suppose this thread is the best for posting recent developments with the evasi0n tool. So, here's the latest

Official 6.1 Jailbreaking Tool Announced, Will Be Called Evasi0n-image.jpg
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I saw that this morning. Great progress. Now we just need all the big guns to get iPhone 5 support and life will be beautiful.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,205 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    soon?.. HOW SOON??!!
    I knew u were coming back to team jailbreak...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I have been watching this and just dying for it to happen. I can't wait to JB my i5 and get it back to normal. I have already upgraded my wife to 6.1 so when 6.1.1 drops she wont be stuck on 5.1.1 so I'm ready!
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,205 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

I'm still on the fence if I should update to 6.1 and jb once it's available. I have my 4S on 5.1.1 and jb. It runs fine and not really seeing a reason to update.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    I'm still on the fence if I should update to 6.1 and jb once it's available. I have my 4S on 5.1.1 and jb. It runs fine and not really seeing a reason to update.
    Then just make sure you save the 6.1 blobs and carry on
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am so stoked I can JB my 6.1. I missed it when I upgraded, but the extra features made it a little worthwhile. However, now I can't wait to customize my screens again...
    JB Iphone 5 32GB*Mac Mini 2011 10.9.1 OSX*Apple TV2
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,886 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by rich67 View Post
    I am so stoked I can JB my 6.1. I missed it when I upgraded, but the extra features made it a little worthwhile. However, now I can't wait to customize my screens again...
    I feel the same way.
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    rich67 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by iDonev View Post
    You don't need a jailbreak for that. Simply create a second dummy account for iTunes and choose USA as the country. That will allow you to download the free apps from the App Store. If you want to purchase apps, buy US iTunes Gift Cards from eBay and redeem them to your dummy account.
    Yes I've used my sisters USA account but I tried using my bank account from here. It's inconvenient to use her credit card information and make her pay for it. My point is, will jail breaking help me able download apps from USA store even though I'm overseas. Isn't jail breaking , getting free apps the whole point of it?

Global Posts
    5,614 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Yes I've used my sisters USA account but I tried using my bank account from here. It's inconvenient to use her credit card information and make her pay for it. My point is, will jail breaking help me able download apps from USA store even though I'm overseas. Isn't jail breaking , getting free apps the whole point of it?
    Getting free apps (that otherwise cost
    money) is not the point. That's piracy and a verboten topic here.
    finn5975 and lomenciad like this.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Getting free apps (that otherwise cost
    money) is not the point. That's piracy and a verboten topic here.
    So what's the point of jail breaking, I still don't understand. From what I see from other posts, it seems like this is why they jail break, this is just my opinion.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

can't wait!!! iPhone 5 is just a little boring....
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

So what's the point of jail breaking, I still don't understand. From what I see from other posts, it seems like this is why they jail break, this is just my opinion.
    The point of jail breaking, is to be able to make tweaks to the phone that Apple doesn't allow you to do while stock. That list is too long to go into. Just Google it. Getting paid apps for free after a developer has spent so much time on them is a bit inconsiderate.
    ccostel likes this.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I jailbreak because I like to customize my devices. I add themes, functionality, experimental ideas, helpful tweaks that make my daily tasks easier. Not to pirate apps, that is not ok.

iMore Forum Moderator

F34R likes this.

Global Posts
    1,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by lomenciad View Post
    The point of jail breaking, is to be able to make tweaks to the phone that Apple doesn't allow you to do while stock. That list is too long to go into. Just Google it. Getting paid apps for free after a developer has spent so much time on them is a bit inconsiderate.
    It's an interesting topic. I've never had a jailbroken phone before but after having a 'rooted' Android phone, I can see the appeal, hence me tearing my hair out in the other thread on here, getting my iPhone 5 ready to be jailbroken when Evasi0n arrives.

I was always told, and this goes back to the dawn of the iPhone i'll admit, that being jailbroken opens the phone up to malicious external hacking due to a root password that is usually locked down now becoming open for an external third party to exploit. Now of course, I haven't got a clue if this is truth or just complete rubbish but security is definitely the number one reason I have held off jailbreaking so far.

I was also told (again probably by a source that had no real knowledge himself) that as the apps exclusively available to a jailbroken iPhone were not stringently tested by Apple to make sure there were no exploits, hacks or other dodgy code that would exploit any weaknesses in the phone, that you would be taking pot luck when you installed a third-party app to a jailbroken phone.

I'm unbothered about the argument regarding getting paid for apps for free by being jailbroken as I have no qualms about paying for an app I want.

On an Android phone, it is recommended that you install a virus checker and firewall, especially to a 'rooted' phone. Is that the case for an iPhone too please?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast