Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Massie
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Jailbroken ip4, why move on?!

so, i am unsettled. i want the iphone 5. i wanted the 4s when it came out, i will want the next genereation iphone whatever it happens to be called... only thing is I DONT...
    i dont understand why i want these things!
    my phone is currently (almost) perfect the way it is.
    im jailbroken, untethered, i have dropped excessive tweaks in favor of "reliable helpful" tweaks.
    i have my emus which let me fall back to the glory of my youth without dusting off and hooking up my gaming systems.
    i have my accessories and cases, and cables, and bluetooth connections established.

so why am i not content with what i have currently???! why do i feel this need for the iphone 5???
    im pretty sure i dont even like ios6 even though i dont have it!!!! but who knows, maybe i do like it...
    am i the only person having this problem?????

maybe i should just get the 4s.

i wish the iphone 5 kept form, i like the size and weight of the 4.
    iPhone Newbie

Lol dunno know you want all these things. I have an iphone 5 but was actually thinking of selling it to get a iphone 4. Purely for the jailbreak.

Iphone 5 jb won't be out for ages
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,028 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Jailbroken ip4, why move on?!

For me—I went from a jb iP4 to the stock 5—having the extra speed and screen size have been a godsend. Also pretty great: better cameras, Siri, turn by turn with voiceover, and AirPlay to my Apple TV, which I use FAR more than I'd have guessed. I also use more of the social stuff more (FB, Twitter) but some people don't need that at all.

I loved my jailbreak and will absolutely do it again ASAP but the speed bump alone has been worth the upgrade to me.
    WreakingHavoc likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    so, i am unsettled. i want the iphone 5. i wanted the 4s when it came out, i will want the next genereation iphone whatever it happens to be called... only thing is I DONT...
    i dont understand why i want these things!
    my phone is currently (almost) perfect the way it is.
    im jailbroken, untethered, i have dropped excessive tweaks in favor of "reliable helpful" tweaks.
    i have my emus which let me fall back to the glory of my youth without dusting off and hooking up my gaming systems.
    i have my accessories and cases, and cables, and bluetooth connections established.

so why am i not content with what i have currently???! why do i feel this need for the iphone 5???
    im pretty sure i dont even like ios6 even though i dont have it!!!! but who knows, maybe i do like it...
    am i the only person having this problem?????

maybe i should just get the 4s.

i wish the iphone 5 kept form, i like the size and weight of the 4.

Sounds like u are like every other iPhone/gadget guy out there. We ALWAYS want the latest and greatest toy. It's natural. I went back and got the 4S a few weeks before the i5 dropped because I loved the feel and guts and for $99, couldn't pass it up. So relax, there's NOTHING wrong with u. Just a case of we're NEVER satisfied.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,028 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by belfastbear51 View Post
    Iphone 5 jb won't be out for ages
    ?? It's been widely reported that it's basically ready to go as soon as iOS 6.1 drops.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Here's how I handle gadgets: I keep the current tech I have as long as I can run the apps I rely on (and by extension an up-to-date OS).
    This works for me because I'm not on a contract with a carrier and pay full price for the devices. Once a device can't run an essential app, I upgrade to the next version of the hardware. In the long run I go through all the hardware that the "fanboys" go through albeit with roghly a three year delay.
    The end result is a system that keeps the geek in me in check and saves me money. My current setup is a 3GS which will be upgraded if iOS 7 is not binary compatible and an iPad 3 which should last at least three more years.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Oh 3cit.......... don't worry , we are both sailing in the same boat and many others too . I am 110% satisfied with MiPhone 4 ( untethered) and then I think is this the END ? I had used various phones with different sizes upto 5" . They look good for some days only, you soon get tired using both hands while operating them . Size of iphone 4 is a perfect one and due to high resolution reading text is no problem. I only want to upgrade to iphone 4S but with untethered jb. I personally don't like the size of iphone 5 because if you want to upgrade to iphone 5 due to its size then you should wait untill it becomes really big i,e, 4.8" or 5" because in terms of size iphone 5 ( stretched iphone 4) is a half hearted effort by apple because if you want it big then make it really big .
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had the 4 and skipped the 4S. I like the bigger screen and LTE is really nice. I might try out jailbreaking as I use to root my android phones. Will wait and see when 6.1 comes out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    32GB iPhone 5 black
    32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    16GB iPhone 4 black retired/backup
    16GB iPad 3rd gen WiFi
    16GB OG iPad WiFi sold
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

I think the only thing I "really need" is the LTE… and faster processor… and cameras… and…
    I want the hardware, not the software
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    I think the only thing I "really need" is the LTE… and faster processor… and cameras… and…
    I want the hardware, not the software
    So u want an iPhone 5, running 5.1.1......Sounds reasonable. 😜
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,202 Global Posts
    iOS Version

If your on this forum your like all of us .. We want the latest and greatest and find a way to get it .. Lucky for me resell value is high

Your issue is with having a jb

If I was you get a 5 now so when the jb drops you can get it

If you wait then what if you buy a 5 with newer software that the jb has been patched

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !