Apparently my alarm was uncalled for [jailbreak]

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else see that they released beta5 today and not the GM???
That's like what, another month of waiting??!!
Sad face
And tears.

well the download is public now. so it appears that the conjecture yesterday about it being the final build was correct!

but i do hope they wait a few days for millions of people to downlaod it and test it out to make sure there arent any bugs that will force apple to make 6.1.1 real quick.....

jailbreakers rejoice!!! the drought is about to end!!!!

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Someone on here installed it without being registered and no dev account sounds like a Gm to me

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

unless this IS the GM

patience grasshopper..

This is the most appropriate/rational supposition, to me. Beta 5 could very well be certified GM. They're not mutually exclusive things. Eventually SOME beta will have to reach GM status? it's fully plausible that B5->GM. As BLiNK said, only time will tell us that.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: NOOOOOOOO!!!!

this should not have been moved. i specifically posted it to the jailbreak forum, for my fellow jailbreak compatriots. i respectfully request that you put it back where it belongs! with my people, in the jailbreak forum

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

this should not have been moved. i specifically posted it to the jailbreak forum, for my fellow jailbreak compatriots. i respectfully request that you put it back where it belongs! with my people, in the jailbreak forum

You may have specifically posted it there, but it has no business there. Can your jailbreak compatriots not read other forums? Please. Give them some credit, they're jailbreakers, not stupid.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I moved it. Post said nothing about a JB in it. Just about iOS 6. Use a much better thread title and description next time.

belfastbear51

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
NOOOOOOOO!!!! jailbreak delay?

I think apple did this on purpose. Also did all the other betas not have an end date??? I have a udid registered but never used it. If as other guy says and someone installed it without having normal dev stuff, I think that apple tried to fool everyone. As 6.1 beta 5 and 6.1 gm could just be them trying to trick us. A few places I've checked say its a gm just not tagged as normal. Hopefully the devs can add to this.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: NOOOOOOOO!!!! jailbreak delay?

i just freaked out because i saw the release title as beta5 and i was assuming that apple would release it as gm...
i dont even own an a5 device!!!! speaking of which.. new thread

getdamned

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
NOOOOOOOO!!!! jailbreak delay?

Also did all the other betas not have an end?

They did. I specifically recall Beta 4 having an expiry date? I could be totally off on the date, but I want to say Beta 3 expired at the very end of December, and Beta 4 around this time; the end of January.

No worries, if this one lacks an expiry date; that's a curious hint in itself. Paired with the circulating rumors that Beta 5 *is* or will become certified as GM very shortly here... If I recall, there is about a week's delay between the release of the final revision under the last "beta" label and officially declaring it the real deal GM.

If my intuitions don't lead me astray, I would tell you to likely expect to see a bonafide OFFICIAL GM released by Apple around the Wed-Fri time frame. Once we see those letters and Apple starts signing blobs for 6.1? if nothing totally bizarre happens, I will say that the champagne bottles will be popping open pretty damn soon. Just try your best to be patient like we all are! It's tough but you know it's best done RIGHT than done RUSHED and something screw up on the most anticipated piece of software since... 6.1 GM, lol. I think anticipation should first be for the prerequisite firmware release condition, THEN the real treat.

The time approaches... I can sense it. That may just be my bedtime, though.

It's either bedtime or pwntime!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: NOOOOOOOO!!!! jailbreak delay?

6.1 is now available for public!!!!!!

this is an exciting time for everyone!!!!!
we are soon to be in the second "golden age" of jailbreaking!! all devices, on their latest firmware will be able to be jailbroken untethered!!!!!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox