jailbreak help

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i tried to jailbreak my iphone 4 on 5.1.1 using redsn0w tethered. its got cydia on it now and i restarted the phone and cydia wont work now and the redsnow wont give me the option of just reboot. ive tried to delete the phone to remove the jailbreak, so i can use absinthe untethred and it says phone is already jailbroken.

my only option that i can see is upgrade to ios to 6.0.1 but is there a jailbreak for it. or is there anyway i can rejailbreak without upgrading my ios ?

any advice would be great cos im going crazy here .

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
hi idonev

will have a look on my computer when i get home to find out which version.

the phone screen just shows the spinner spinning for hours on end when i click on erase all data and settings and i have to hold power button and the home button to come out of that mode. if i click on cydia it flashes and goes back to normal.

will it be ok to go to 6.0.1 on the itunes update or it is un jailbreakable ?

tonygool1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
redsnow tethered, sorry i was meaning when you jailbreak tethered, you normally get the option of jailbreak, just boot thethered or install cydia etc and you normally click just boot tethered to reboot your phone once the battery has died or the phone has been turned off.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
hi idonev

will have a look on my computer when i get home to find out which version.

the phone screen just shows the spinner spinning for hours on end when i click on erase all data and settings and i have to hold power button and the home button to come out of that mode. if i click on cydia it flashes and goes back to normal.

will it be ok to go to 6.0.1 on the itunes update or it is un jailbreakable ?

the settings>general>reset> and anything in that menu will absolutely destroy your jailbreak. im suprised that you were able to boot the phone at all without needing a restore, however, you will not be able to re-jailbreak until you do a full restore.
soooooooooo you gots two options, you can restore as new and jailbreak it from 6.0.1, which will be tethered for the next month or two, or restore to 6.0.1 then downgrade back to 5.1.1. and jailbreak that which will keep you untethered.
however next time, for the love of all that is right and good in this world forget about settings>general>reset menu! its a destructive force the likes of which have never been seen before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711