Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Question on upcoming iPhone 5 jailbreak

So I know that there will soon be a jailbreak for the iPhone 5 with iOS 6. I also know that PlanetBeing has his broke on 6.0.2 and they are all waiting for Apple to release iOS 6.1 before they release the JB.

My question is should I stay on 6.0.1 which I am currently on or upgrade (while I still can) to 6.0.2?

I have read of battery issue on 6.0.2 which stopped me from upgrading already. I wasn't planning on upgrading since Muscle Nerd tweeted to always stay away from minor upgrades if you want to JB. I only upgrade to .0.1 due to severe issue with WiFi and LTE on my iPhone.

If you have read someone specific either way please let me and all of us know. Also if you could post any links that might shed some light on the situation that would be great. I had read the ModMyi did recommend upgrading but only because PlanetBeing was on 6.0.2 and if I don't need to upgrade, I don't want to.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Question on upcoming iPhone 5 jailbreak

Since the devs are waiting for 6.1 to drop it is almost certain that the jailbreak will work on 6.1. So it really doesn't matter whether you're on 6.0.1 or 6.0.2.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Absolutely upgrade to 6.0.2 and no further until told EXPLICITLY to do so by musclenerd, pod2g or planetbeing.

If you listen to anybody else, then you deserve what you get!

But seriously, they will let people know, and then peor who see it from them will pass it forward and do forth.
    But unless you read something that is directly attributed to one of them (WITH PROOF) don't act upon any jailbreak stuff
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts

Default Re: Question on upcoming iPhone 5 jailbreak

If 6.1 beta 5 is the GM, can we save blobs for using RedsN0w? I ask because I will be away for 10 days (I am still on 6.01 but was able to save for 6.02).
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well it's official, iOS 6.1 is jailbreak safe. So anyone else who's curious just backup, restore clean with a 6.1 and sit back & wait

MuscleNerd says possible Super Sunday.... We'll see