Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: A Bit of Good News For You All

hey i am a new user and i don't really know how to use this page :/
    but could you help me i am wondering when the IOS 6.0.1 jailbreak will be coming out for the iphone 4s
    i have been waiting to jailbreak my iphone 4s on the lastest firmware 6.0.1 but i have been looking everywhere so could you please help me if you have got any information your can inbox me back
    Robbie_bro@hotmail.com
    thanks
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

Default A Bit of Good News For You All

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone4suser View Post
    when's the jailbreak for Iphone 4s running ios 6.0.1 ?
    sorry i am new to this page an i have been looking for a jailbreak for my iphone 4s every snice's i updated to the lastest firmware
    Right now if you're a developer. If not you'll have to wait like the rest of us.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    They want 6.1 to be released because they don't want to burn there jb exploit
    If they release before hand good chance apple will download the jb find the exploit and patch it before releasing 6.1

So they want 6.1 to make sure there exploit is still good and then they will release
    This is the correct answer/reason. The JB is not FOR 6.0.x specifically; if Apple releases the GM to the public, then the JB is instantly secured for 6.1 as Apple would not have found and patched the exploit they are keeping held close to the chest. This is why they haven't released it; exactly what Peligro said... if they release the JB now, Apple will know what the exploit does, and will patch that hole before releasing 6.1 to the public. That's the term "burning" it. Wasting it. As soon as they reveal the JB's workings, Apple will of course immediately fix that if at all possible and since they'll likely release it just after 6.1 goes public, that infers that any firmware released after 6.1 the JB will not work on because it'll be patched.
    Last edited by Alli; 01-27-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: A better metaphor is needed.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

That analogy left me speechless...
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Is that why nobody ever replies to my posts? LOL
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,941 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by getdamned View Post
    This is the correct answer/reason. The JB is not FOR 6.0.x specifically; if Apple releases the GM to the public, then the JB is instantly secured for 6.1 as Apple would not have found and patched the exploit they are keeping held close to the chest. This is why they haven't released it; exactly what Peligro said... if they release the JB now, Apple will know what the exploit does, and will patch that hole before releasing 6.1 to the public. That's the term "burning" it. Wasting it. As soon as they reveal the JB's workings, Apple will of course immediately fix that if at all possible and since they'll likely release it just after 6.1 goes public, that infers that any firmware released after 6.1 the JB will not work on because it'll be patched.
    Exactly

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    783 Global Posts

Since we got a beta 5 and not a GM, everything is still on hold? I'm assuming these guys won't take any chances and probably wouldn't release a JB until after the formal 6.1 is released anyway?
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  

Global Posts
    2,517 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Maybe not. Musclenerd has just promised "a lot of excitement this week". Maybe all isn't lost.

iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    iDonev likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Laelipoo View Post
    Maybe not. Musclenerd has just promised "a lot of excitement this week". Maybe all isn't lost.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/28/jemaqe5e.jpg
    This jailbreak saga turns out to be more thrilling than most Hollywood movies
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12