Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default currently running ios 4.3.3 jailbroken device, isit possible to upgrade to 5.0.1?

So i recently got myself a jailbroken iphone 4 and its running ios 4.3.3 im wondering if its possible to un jailbreak then upgrade the ios to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak the phone again? i looked on the cydia homepage and the only shsh blog i can see is 6.0.1. Totally new to this and its my first post so go easy on me. Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    2,517 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default currently running ios 4.3.3 jailbroken device, isit possible to upgrade to 5...

If the only shsh you have is 6.0.1, then that is the only firmware you can upgrade to. Now for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, that firmware is jailbreakable, albeit tethered.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: currently running ios 4.3.3 jailbroken device, isit possible to upgrade to 5...

What is the difference between a tethered jailbreak oppose to an un tethered? Thanks for the help really appreciate it.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: currently running ios 4.3.3 jailbroken device, isit possible to upgrade to 5...

Quote Originally Posted by J4m3s_92 View Post
    What is the difference between a tethered jailbreak oppose to an un tethered? Thanks for the help really appreciate it.
    Copy what you typed and paste it into a search engine. Left click on the first result and you'll see the answer.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by iDonev View Post
    Copy what you typed and paste it into a search engine. Left click on the first result and you'll see the answer.
    no he certainly wont!!!
    that question sounds like a conflict is arising...

The difference between tethered and untethered!