Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

Default X and Z

I recently noticed on my iOS 5, jailbroken (but with no keyboard tweaks) iPad 3, that the virtual keyboard sometimes shows an undo button (in, at least, Mercury Pro browser). This takes the place of the Z and X keys. Note that the undo button is on the ABC keyboard, not the .?123 one.

Any clue as to what would this happen. I've been on places on the web typing and will realize I have no X or Y in portrait mode (it will appear in landscape).

Worse, when I'm touch typing (sort of), I may go to hit where the Z or X should be, and it will blow away everything.

Not sure if it's just Mercury Pro, but that is where I do more typing than other apps.

Thanks.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: X and Z

Test it on other apps and see if the problem persists. I've never heard of this issue, but if it only happens in Mercury Pro then the app is most likely at fault - try reinstalling it.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Default X and Z

Humm, defiantly a weird one. I have a jailbroken iPad 3 and I have never come across this issue. Like iDonev said, it must be something to do with mercury pro.

Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD