so i just got my step mom's old iphone 4s as she got the 5, and noticed it was on 5.1 and coudln't find a jailbreak for it. can i jailbreak this device or am i stuck with no jailbreak? =/ she didn't jailbreak before so there're no old shsh blobs and it wont show up in tinyumbrella, my ipod touch 4g doesn't show up in tinyumbrella either... any idea why? the itouch is jailbroken
- 01-12-2013, 12:22 AM #2
- 01-12-2013, 08:02 AM #4
Re: 4s jailbreak
The 4S is only jailbreakable on 5.0.1 and 5.1.1. If this phone qualifies for a restore to either, you can do that following the instructions on blog.iphone-dev.org but if not, you may simply have to wait for the latest jailbreak.
- 01-14-2013, 08:21 AM #6
Re: 4s jailbreak
If the iOS is 5.1.1 then yes, it can be jailbroken. Look up Absynthe or RedSn0w JB, plug in the phone, follow the prompts and you're all set.
If it's iOS6, you're screwed and don't look for a JB any time soon. Two of the hackers have said on Twitter multiple they're not working on it right now and that it'd be "a while" before iOS6 could be jailbroken.
- 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM #7
- 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM #8
- 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM #9
- 01-16-2013, 05:49 PM #10
- 01-18-2013, 03:14 AM #11
- By pilotnh in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 6Last Post: 12-31-2011, 10:44 AM
- By rosenstar in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 5Last Post: 11-27-2011, 10:15 AM
- By arin04 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 11-24-2011, 06:08 PM
- By arin04 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 2Last Post: 11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
- By gthugballin in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-26-2011, 01:31 PM