4s jailbreak

msd94

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
so i just got my step mom's old iphone 4s as she got the 5, and noticed it was on 5.1 and coudln't find a jailbreak for it. can i jailbreak this device or am i stuck with no jailbreak? =/ she didn't jailbreak before so there're no old shsh blobs and it wont show up in tinyumbrella, my ipod touch 4g doesn't show up in tinyumbrella either... any idea why? the itouch is jailbroken

msd94

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
how can I do it? i dont have he SHSH blob for any of her old updates as she never jailbroke it and barely knew how to use the phone aside from for texting and calling and facebook.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The 4S is only jailbreakable on 5.0.1 and 5.1.1. If this phone qualifies for a restore to either, you can do that following the instructions on blog.iphone-dev.org but if not, you may simply have to wait for the latest jailbreak.

msd94

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if she updated without hte computer, since honestly i'm surprised she updated at all =/ so there's definitely no way for me to jailbreak it without knowing?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If the iOS is 5.1.1 then yes, it can be jailbroken. Look up Absynthe or RedSn0w JB, plug in the phone, follow the prompts and you're all set.

If it's iOS6, you're screwed and don't look for a JB any time soon. Two of the hackers have said on Twitter multiple they're not working on it right now and that it'd be "a while" before iOS6 could be jailbroken.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If the iOS is 5.1.1 then yes, it can be jailbroken. Look up Absynthe or RedSn0w JB, plug in the phone, follow the prompts and you're all set.

If it's iOS6, you're screwed and don't look for a JB any time soon. Two of the hackers have said on Twitter multiple they're not working on it right now and that it'd be "a while" before iOS6 could be jailbroken.

Planetbeing has already stated that he has his iPhone 5 currently jail broken. He is waiting at least until 6.1 is released though to released the jailbreak to save some needed bugs.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
.... and then we'll see iOS 6.1.1 not too long after the release of 6.1 just to fight against you rebels!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner