Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Angry HELP!

ive been truing for the longest to ailbreak my iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 and ive tried everything . i cant even restore in itunes. it always say ipsw not valid please help . ive used redsn0w . greenp0ision

Global Posts
    2,472 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: HELP!

Well the only thing that supports 6.0.1 is redsn0w, and that's only by pointing the tool at the 6.0 IPSW (greenp0ision is OLD).

Here's what I would do:

First, put the phone in DFU mode. Next, restore in iTunes, do not restore your backup. Then, download the latest version of redsn0w, and the correct 6.0 IPSW for your phone. Open redsn0w, and point it to the 6.0 IPSW by going to Extras->Select IPSW. Then go back to the main screen and hit jailbreak. Follow the prompts on the screen, make sure to check the "automatically boot tethered" option and put it into pwned DFU mode when told to. Make absolutely sure you let it finish. After it reboots, whether from auto-reboot or hitting Extras->Just Boot you should see Cydia.

If you get put into recovery, use the recover fix in redsn0w to get yourself out.

iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge