swipe shift carat

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so i have this tweak which came out AGES ago... but at the time i didnt quite get it an i uninstalled real quick... now im using it again,
am i missing something? does it only shift cursor left and right or am i able to go up and down? are there any gestures for it? like to move to beginning or to move to end?
and is touching the up arrow (shift) the only way to select words, so i always have to select right to left?
thanks!
are there any better alternatives?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly Swipe related, I found a cool gesture for selecting a whole paragraph — two-finger-tap on it.
As for Swipe - I haven't used it in a while. I think it's quite barebones. The only thing you didn't mention is the ability to assign Activator gestures.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried SwipeSelection? Worth a comparison.
SwipeSelection: Better Text Editing for iOS | Jack John Brown

funny story, thats the actual tweak i have "swipe selection" and not the swipeshiftcaret i thought i had installed... who knew....
well im trying swipeshiftcaret now.
ill write up a full review later, maybe, probably not, but it is a possibility. also
i wouldve pulled RGKNEE at the end of the first quarter. also relevance is relative. that is all

and im back
swipeshiftcaret is pretty awful.

Last edited:

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had SwipeSelection for a long time now and use it a lot. I'm always making mistakes or want to rewrite things and this makes it easy. I find it really handy when using tapatalk or writing an email. I don't think you can more up and down though.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711