iPod won't boot - Help?

JFW123

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Recently attempted to jailbreak a generation 4 iPod touch with the 4.2.1 update. I used the Redsn0w program to jailbreak the iPod. When the computer and iPod displayed that the jailbreak was finished I attempted to boot the iPod "tethered" as I was told to by Redsn0w. However, it did not work. The device is stuck in what I can only describe as an infinite booting "loop." The device shows the typical booting process. It begins with a mostly black screen and the white loading circle. It's in that state for a few minutes making the booting noise every four or five seconds (Which is very annoying, by the way). After that, it goes to the Apple logo for several seconds, then a split-second bright flash of white. To fix it, I've tried a few different ways of booting the device, jailbreaking it again with Redsn0w, other Redsn0w fixes, and blackra1n. I cannot connect the device to iTunes because it will not read the information or allow me to restore it unless I can type in the password on the iPod, and since it won't boot, that can't be done. Can anybody diagnose and/or fix the problem?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You need to get it into dfu mode.
The next time it shuts down
Hold the power button for THREE seconds, then WITHOUT RELEASING POWER hold the home button for TEN seconds, then RELEASE POWER BUT NOT HOME, continue holding HOME button for 15 or more seconds
Redsnow should take it from there

JFW123

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
You need to get it into dfu mode.
The next time it shuts down
Hold the power button for THREE seconds, then WITHOUT RELEASING POWER hold the home button for TEN seconds, then RELEASE POWER BUT NOT HOME, continue holding HOME button for 15 or more seconds
Redsnow should take it from there

I've tried this, and to no avail. Maybe my timing was off. I'll try again.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What did your phone look like!

All black screen with backlight active?

You could also try to use tiny umbrella or redsnow to kick your phone out of recovery

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73