- iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Please help me upgrade from 4.2.1 to IOS 5 :)
Hi I do not have any experience with jailbreaking, so simple instructions would be nice . So my uncle quite awhile ago jailbroke my iPod 4th gen 32gb and I checked it is on firmware: 4.2.1. There are some apps on the appstore that requires me to be on IOS 5, I'm afraid of updating the iPod as I know I would lose the jailbreak and have to wait for a new one to come out. Is there a way of upgrading?
- 01-06-2013, 03:08 AM #2
- 01-06-2013, 07:17 AM #4
Re: Please help me upgrade from 4.2.1 to IOS 5 :)
Well, you will have to restore, not upgrade, so yes, you will have to restore from backup and then resync all your music. No way around that.
This should be easy, as it's an A4 device and not an A5. Download the latest redsnow, then go to Even More -> Restore, hit no about baseband (if it asks), tell it to use remote blobs and then follow the instructions on the screen. No need for stitching, or iTunes.iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini AT&T ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.3 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3
@laelipoo on Twitter and App.net
- By roscoboy272 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 3Last Post: 05-09-2011, 05:56 AM
- By Cardinals_fan365 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 08-05-2010, 11:47 AM
- By srinip in forum iTunesReplies: 8Last Post: 10-30-2009, 02:49 AM
- By antz_1022 in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 10-23-2009, 02:04 AM
- By psycho00o in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2008, 12:37 PM