Please help me upgrade from 4.2.1 to IOS 5 :)

Luke Jones1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi I do not have any experience with jailbreaking, so simple instructions would be nice . So my uncle quite awhile ago jailbroke my iPod 4th gen 32gb and I checked it is on firmware: 4.2.1. There are some apps on the appstore that requires me to be on IOS 5, I'm afraid of updating the iPod as I know I would lose the jailbreak and have to wait for a new one to come out. Is there a way of upgrading?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you've been jailbroken the whole time there is hope.
Open up cydia, on the home page, top center it should say shsh... What numbers you have there? (ex. 4.2.1, 4.3.3, 5.0.1....)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, you will have to restore, not upgrade, so yes, you will have to restore from backup and then resync all your music. No way around that.

This should be easy, as it's an A4 device and not an A5. Download the latest redsnow, then go to Even More -> Restore, hit no about baseband (if it asks), tell it to use remote blobs and then follow the instructions on the screen. No need for stitching, or iTunes.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
if ur iphone is jailbreaking go om ur comuter open itune and download a vesion an this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=szanvaXmqvyX1h_8s7rJnw&bvm=bv.53217764,d.eWU

download the vesion u want a on itune hold shift and click restore chose the file i made u download done
if you're going to bump old threads, please at least do so with useful information.

what you suggest won't do anything. itunes isn't signing the version so the restore method you suggest will give an error.

in general, let 8 month old threads be. there's a reason nobody has said anything for 8 months.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2