6.0.2 Untethered Jailbreak Update

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I knew there was a reason I was still awake watching nfl highlights at 130 am...
So I could hear this!!!!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This is great news. To be honest, I was hoping they would just wait until 6.1 so we can update and enjoy the new things and still have a jailbreak. Thanks for posting this Massie.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
6.0.2 - so iPhone 5 only? sorry did not read the article

To summarize for you BLINK, they were trying on 6.0.2/6.0.1 but at this point it looks like they're going to wait for 6.1 and just do it on that so everything is on a level playing field. So we all just have to wait a bit more.

Planetbeing said:
The reasons it’s not released are because 1. releasing it would burn an exploit we want to save for ourselves so we can always get in to look at new firmware and help JB in the future, 2. iOS 6.1 is coming very soon and will likely break a small part of it anyway, there’s no point in sacrificing the many bugs it won’t break.

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Excellent news guys. My iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken got stolen, so I went to buy another iPhone 4 for iPhone 4 money and the seller not being very experienced sold me a 4s. I only noticed when I got home because of Siri in setting. So u had a bit of a result in the end and its has 4 months warranty.

BUT I NEED MY JAILBREAK SO BAD!!!

So this is great news. Thanks for the post Massie!

avelvethammer

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to using my tweaks from before on the iPhone 5. I agree better to wait and have it right. Thanks developers, you do make the iOS better

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is great news! I wonder if I should go ahead and get an iPhone 5 now or wait for the release...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been drooling over this since I heard about it late last night. If they wait 4 or 5 weeks I might win 3cit's pool!

Now, seriously, what should one expect when one re-breaks their phone after an upgrade and new JB? I had a half-dozen apps that I have discovered during the last several weeks I very much need/want. When I log back into my Cydia account, will they all be there just waiting to come home?

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
They will not just be sitting there ready. You'll need to reinstall them one by one. There are apps that "backup" jailbroken apps but I don't use them since they really don't seem to work that well. Personally I just make a list and go from there.

Any paid apps will be ready to install for free after you login to Cydia. 😃

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, my most looked forward to having back are Lockinfo and biteSMS, both paid apps so that will be a good start.

Lesson learned - make a list next time!

... And thanks for the info.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention the best way or the way I prefer is to save the deb files and install them back that way.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Read this on iDB earlier, now I can get rid of this pesky badge on my settings icon! Didn't want to upgrade iOS 6 anymore incase the jailbreak that comes out wasn't for the latest iOS 6 version. But now I guess I can. :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, my most looked forward to having back are Lockinfo and biteSMS, both paid apps so that will be a good start.

Lesson learned - make a list next time!

Just a heads up, Cydia SHOULD keep a record of your purchased apps by means of your phone's id. Really the easiest way to upgrade is just to take a quick screenshot of all of your tabs, then back up your phone. The screenshots will be saved into the backup and you're free to go back and find the apps when you're done upgrading.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Read this on iDB earlier, now I can get rid of this pesky badge on my settings icon! Didn't want to upgrade iOS 6 anymore incase the jailbreak that comes out wasn't for the latest iOS 6 version. But now I guess I can. :)

Be careful. You can upgrade now, but don't upgrade when 6.1 comes out. The jailbreak may or may not work with 6.1. They're just avoiding giving Apple a heads up on the exploit they have now so that Apple has an easier time closing it in 6.1 prior to release. This doesn't mean what they have now WILL work with 6.1 nor does it mean that they will release a tool that works with 6.1.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is kind of a bummer: Planetbeing today said it still won't be released until another exploit is found:

image.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711