Upgrading iphone 4 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 IM DYING!

sammk20

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

So here's the deal after a whole day of desperate research.

Current firmware 5.0.1 IPhone 4

Blobs after clicking on query blobs via redsn0w iPhone3,1 xxxxxxxxxxx remote blobs: 6.0.1, 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3

So what im trying to do is upgrade my 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 (I was never on 5.1.1 before)

Steps i took:

1- Downloaded 5.1.1 firmware 2- Stitched the blobs remotly via redsn0w 3- Entered PWND DFU mode 4- Edited host file to comment out Apple servers 4- ran tinyumbrella and started TSS 5- Started iTunes 11 6- Tried restoring to custom firmware

7 - GOT ERROR 1600 ( My cable is fine and i tried plugging in in every single USB slot)

Am i doing something wrong here? Will i be able to upgrade ? Here's the screenshot for the blobs query on redsn0w ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Please Help !

Thanks

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes.

Fix your host file so it points to apple again. Do NOT run the TSS server. Get back into pwnd dfu mode and option/shift restore through iTunes. Do not use TSS if you are stitching blobs to the ipsw.

If it does error out use redsn0w to exit recovery.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You may just want to use the latest version of redsn0w to restore. Blog.iphone-dev.org

Just make sure to carefully read the instructions.

EDIT: Now that I am on my computer I can post the relevant bits for you

The newest version of redsn0w lets you directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware — no more complicated 15-step how-to’s with stitching, iTunes errors, and “hosts file” concerns. This is a good thing and should avoid your issues.

Download it from the link I posted earlier in this message. Run it, if on windows you may have to be in compatibility mode. Go to Extras->Even More->Restore, and follow the prompts. When it asks, click "remote blobs". You must also have a local copy of the right 5.1.1 ipsw on your machine and let redsn0w know where it is when prompted. Run it. And be happy.

A tutorial with pictures for you: How to Upgrade with RedSn0w Restore

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Last edited:

sammk20

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Lealipoo.

I actually just got done upgrading to 5.1.1 , I used the same post you linked and it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot i really appreciate it , i can't believe I've been trying to figure this out through iTunes all day. ;)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
NP, I am glad the post helped out. Enjoy and happy jailbreaking. (PS if Cydia prompts you, make SURE you let it "make life easier" so it will save your SHSH for the future).

Chris Denver Crispo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Can i still upgrade to 5.1.1 from 5.0.1? i dont have my shsh blobs saved. When i open cydia SHSH: iOS 5.0.1, 6.1, 6.1.2. can i still upgrade to 5.1.1? i pretty much know the answer to this but i just want to make sure if i really cant, maybe you guys have a trick or something. thanks :D

iphone 4
jailbroken using redsn0w 0.9.15b3

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Can i still upgrade to 5.1.1 from 5.0.1? i dont have my shsh blobs saved. When i open cydia SHSH: iOS 5.0.1, 6.1, 6.1.2. can i still upgrade to 5.1.1? i pretty much know the answer to this but i just want to make sure if i really cant, maybe you guys have a trick or something. thanks :D

iphone 4
jailbroken using redsn0w 0.9.15b3

Sorry dude, it can't be done without the 5.1.1 shsh blob in Cydia.

I don't understand why you would want to do that when you can update to 6,1,2 and then jailbreak with Evasi0n?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to update to 5.1.1 using redsn0w's restore feature. You should verify your shsh blobs using the verify feature first.

You may just want to use the latest version of redsn0w to restore. Blog.iphone-dev.org Just make sure to carefully read the instructions. EDIT: Now that I am on my computer I can post the relevant bits for you The newest version of redsn0w lets you directly restore pre-A5 devices to earlier firmware ? no more complicated 15-step how-to?s with stitching, iTunes errors, and ?hosts file? concerns. This is a good thing and should avoid your issues. Download it from the link I posted earlier in this message. Run it, if on windows you may have to be in compatibility mode. Go to Extras->Even More->Restore, and follow the prompts. When it asks, click "remote blobs". You must also have a local copy of the right 5.1.1 ipsw on your machine and let redsn0w know where it is when prompted. Run it. And be happy. A tutorial with pictures for you: How to Upgrade with RedSn0w Restore[/URL
http://iclarified.com/25142/how-to-upgrade-your-iphone-4-3gs-without-updating-the-baseband-mac

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711