Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Default Power reset, now phone is stuck at lock screen

Hello-

Having a problem with my wife's iPhone 4S, 5.1.1, jailbroken with absinthe.

About an hour ago she went to do a power reset with it where you hold the power button and home button. Instead of holding the two buttons and letting it fully cycle on its own, she held them until the power off slide bar showed up at the top of the screen. She then powered it down by using the power off slide at the top. Now the phone cycles and turns on and off on its own. It only goes through to the lock screen and is frozen from there. Weird thing is we have MyWi and she left the USB tether on. I am still able to us data through the phone on the laptop. Our cell carrier shows up at the top along with 3G.

I just can't get past the lock screen. I assume I'm going to have to do a reset through iTunes. I'm trying to save pictures.

Anyone else heard of this problem?

Eric

Global Posts
    4,096 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by ewarhol View Post
    Hello-

Having a problem with my wife's iPhone 4S, 5.1.1, jailbroken with absinthe.

About an hour ago she went to do a power reset with it where you hold the power button and home button. Instead of holding the two buttons and letting it fully cycle on its own, she held them until the power off slide bar showed up at the top of the screen. She then powered it down by using the power off slide at the top. Now the phone cycles and turns on and off on its own. It only goes through to the lock screen and is frozen from there. Weird thing is we have MyWi and she left the USB tether on. I am still able to us data through the phone on the laptop. Our cell carrier shows up at the top along with 3G.

I just can't get past the lock screen. I assume I'm going to have to do a reset through iTunes. I'm trying to save pictures.

Anyone else heard of this problem?

Eric

Never heard of that issue. I reset and turn my phone off from time to time and never had this happen. Before restoring thru iTunes and losing pictures and jailbreak; let it completely die. Just leave it on till the battery runs out and then try to charge it up and see if that fixes the issue. Seems like a software glitch. If that doesn't work, u can still get into the phone if the computer recognizes it and retrieve ur picture before a restore
    Thanked by:
    ewarhol (01-06-2013)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Default Re: Power reset, now phone is stuck at lock screen

Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Never heard of that issue. I reset and turn my phone off from time to time and never had this happen. Before restoring thru iTunes and losing pictures and jailbreak; let it completely die. Just leave it on till the battery runs out and then try to charge it up and see if that fixes the issue. Seems like a software glitch. If that doesn't work, u can still get into the phone if the computer recognizes it and retrieve ur picture before a restore
    I'll give that a try. Unfortunately and shortly after my first post the phone is no longer recognized by the computer.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Have you installed Any other tweak recently?
    If you can still power down the phone, do so and next time you power it on, hold volume up key while booting so it will not into a mode where mobile substrate is disabled and see if it works properly then...
    If so you have a tweak issue
    Thanked by:
    ewarhol (01-06-2013)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Default Re: Power reset, now phone is stuck at lock screen

Thanks everyone for you help. I tried lots of things but no luck, I ended up having to upgrade the phone to ios 6