Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Bluetooth & Wifi problems

First off, I have a iPhone 4s, running iOS 5.1.1, jailbroken.

I haven't been able to connect to wifi for a few months now. When I go to settings, the wifi is greyed out, and simply says "No-Wi-Fi" (as shown in the attached picture). I cracked my screen a few weeks ago, got it replaced, and then my wifi started working again. About a week after replacing the screen, my wifi connection failed again. I've been very busy lately, so haven't really dealt with it. Plus, I have unlimited data, so not much of a problem...

Bluetooth & Wifi problems-img_8028.png

About 3-4 days ago my bluetooth started failing. My SBSetting's toggle doesn't seem to work, so I go to settings to turn on bluetooth. Here, all I see is a never ending loading circle (seen in the second picture). This is a problem, since I use Bluetooth for my head phones and car.

Bluetooth & Wifi problems-img_1448.png

In all this time I have never unjailbroken my phone. I really want to keep my phone jailbroken.

1. Has anyone else had/fixed these problems?
    2. I assume the next logical step to troubleshooting is to reload iOS. I REALLY want to stay jailbroken. Given (to my knowledge) iOS 6 cannot yet be jailbroken on the 4s, I would have to save my shsh blobs (I think that's what they're called?), load iOS 6, downgrade to iOS 5.1, and then jailbreak my phone again using absinthe, correct? Can someone confirm this, and post a tutorial? I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks in advanced for the help!
    Last edited by rosenstar; 01-02-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Add Pictures
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Re: Bluetooth & Wifi problems

youre going to re-restore. you should be all set... however im sure its not going to be smooth, so set a good amount of time to doing it!
    from the dev team
    1. redsn0w now lets you restore an A5+ device from any iOS5 to any other iOS5 as long as you have correct 5.x blobs for the starting (current) and ending points of the restore

APtickets eliminated “higher-version only” comparison of firmware restores (just like BBtickets did for the baseband)
    example restores supported by redsn0w if you have the correct blobs: 5.1.1-to-5.0.1, 5.0.1-to-5.1.1, 5.1.1-to-5.1.1, 5.0.1-to-5.0.1
    if you don’t have the blobs locally, let redsn0w try to fetch them remotely (redsn0w always tries both Apple and Cydia). Any succesful remote fetch also saves a local copy too.

so i imagine the best bet would be redsnow 15b3 and then get your 5.1.1 blobs, do the stitching, enter pwned dfu,blh blah blah... (im assuming you dont need the entire tutorial!)

however, have you tried messing with safe mode and what not before you restore? are you sure theres a problem and not a tweak conflict???

i had "similar" problems when i installed bluetooth stack for my icontrolpad and blutrol and emulations.
    btstack messes with the radios, but only the first few times, in my experience. its all running smoothly now. although i never turn on ios bluetooth anymore! byt mu wifi does work fine.

you might have also messed up a plist somehow! do you remember what you did 2 months ago when this started to happen?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

haha one thing at a time

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    however, have you tried messing with safe mode and what not before you restore? are you sure theres a problem and not a tweak conflict???
    Yes, I have tried operating in safe mode, also tried resetting all network settings. No luck

i had "similar" problems when i installed bluetooth stack for my icontrolpad and blutrol and emulations.
    btstack messes with the radios, but only the first few times, in my experience. its all running smoothly now. although i never turn on ios bluetooth anymore! byt mu wifi does work fine.
    No clue what bluetooth stack is?

you might have also messed up a plist somehow! do you remember what you did 2 months ago when this started to happen?
    A plist? Don't know what that is either... And no, I have no clue what happened to start the wifi failure. I was in class one day in a room that I couldn't get service, tried connecting to wifi to send an iMessage, and I couldn't.

youre going to re-restore. you should be all set... however im sure its not going to be smooth, so set a good amount of time to doing it!
    from the dev team
    1. redsn0w now lets you restore an A5+ device from any iOS5 to any other iOS5 as long as you have correct 5.x blobs for the starting (current) and ending points of the restore

APtickets eliminated “higher-version only” comparison of firmware restores (just like BBtickets did for the baseband)
    example restores supported by redsn0w if you have the correct blobs: 5.1.1-to-5.0.1, 5.0.1-to-5.1.1, 5.1.1-to-5.1.1, 5.0.1-to-5.0.1
    if you don’t have the blobs locally, let redsn0w try to fetch them remotely (redsn0w always tries both Apple and Cydia). Any succesful remote fetch also saves a local copy too.

so i imagine the best bet would be redsnow 15b3 and then get your 5.1.1 blobs, do the stitching, enter pwned dfu,blh blah blah... (im assuming you dont need the entire tutorial!)
    You assume wrong... I'm going to need the entire tutorial haha. Or at least a tutorial for each step. I can follow instructions, but I'm not too familar with blobs, stitching, etc. I'm expecting to spend about 2 hours on all this, fair assumption?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

well if everyhting goes correctly, should be less than 45 minutes... (like 15-20 for restore then however long the initial sync takes to get all music/apps back)
    but in my personal experience, things never go as smoothly as they should!!!!

so, presuming you arent relying on an unlock,
    1 is to connect to redsnow, and attempt to fetch blobs. i think you will have to enter pwned dfu.
    2 the blobs will be fethed from cydia, and stored locally. (saving to desktop is easiest way to locate)
    2a download the clean stock apple 5.1.1 firmware for your phone. i get all my firmwares from
    3 you need to stitch your blobs, you will use the recently saved blobs, as well as a stock untouched 5.1.1 firmware for your phone and model (4s gsm or 4s cdma) (you may not need to do this step! see tutorial link provided below
    4 you will then choose the restore option of redsnow, im pretty sure redsnow walks you through all this, but i think you enter pwned dfu again, go to extras>even more>restore and it should be done in 5-10 minutes.
    when finished your phone will reboot and show you the welcome screen (just like new out of box on 5.1.1)

you might even be able to skip step 3 and go straight to step 4 and redsnow might do all the work for you!
    here is a link to a differnt tutorial with pictures
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Bluetooth & Wifi problems/$20.00

Hey,
    okay. I had an ipod touch 4g pre A5. JB iOS5.1.1. I cracked the screen, paid $100 to get it fixed then cracked it again. So I gave up and bought anohyer iPod touch 4g when 5g had just come out. I got 4G SPECIFICLY so I could JB. Little did i know, Evasion untethered wouldnt have a public release till FED 4th 2013. So I transfered as much as I could with iFunbox and waited. My post A5 iPod touch 4g iOS 6.1.0 is now jailed. Okay. I got grooveshark with enhancer to download music to my music app. Im not familiar with blue tooth. I dont know how it works. I couldnt get my songs to import with airblue. So I downloaded from Cydia today BTstacker figuring that would allow me to have Apples native BT and airblues. Thats when my wifi said I was connected, but its not working. My battery % disapeared as did my numerical wifi value. I dropped my laptop and im locked out of my PC. Can you PLEASE tell me the code to dpkg with mobile terminal? I need to know how to uninstall BT stack from mobile terminal. Okay, su
    root
    alpine
    then please tell me what to type to uninstall BTstack. I have reset my settings, so Im about to tell you if it works now...YAY!!! It worked!!! Could you please tell me if I need BTstack for grooveshark enhancer with airblue? Is gremlin BT? Will you please tell me of a cydia app that tells me all my pckg's? Im really confused about this evasion JB. Ive bean jailing for over 3 years. I do it for emulators and winterboard. I didnt even have installous. Well, if you give me the dpkg SSH or mobileTerminal code, thatd be sweet. Also, id like to know how to intall iMAME4all ROMs and mini vmac roms onto my emulators thru mobileterminal or SSH tunneling. I realize thats alot to ask, but if you can answer my questions, ill send you $20.00 on 4/01/13. Thats when I get paid next. Thank you sooooooo much. Keep it real, and keep Jail Breaking alive. If it wasnt for indi developers, iOS would go under because on android you dont really need to root to customize...
    Cheers
    Danny