Unlock iPhone 4?

Azakeyz

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey, everybody. I've had an iPhone 4 for years, and it's been running on iOS 4.1 for years, and now I'm thinking abut updating it to iOS 6.1

It's currently unlocked to work with a T-Mobile SIM, and I want it t stay that way. Now, I don't know how it was unlocked before, since I took it t a shop where they unlocked fr me, but I moved and can't go to said shop. How do I unlock it t work with T-Mobile on iOS 6.1?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it is factory unlocked, you don't need to do anything. If it is unlocked from a jailbreak, that's another story. But you need to find out how it's unlocked first. I know there are several websites that can tell you whether your phone is locked or not from your IMEI.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Then it's unlocked by jailbreak. Peruse the threads here in the jailbreak section and you'll find out how to restore without upgrading your baseband or updating your OS so that you can re-jailbreak and unlock.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I just want to note that if you are unsure on any step, please ask here or on the dev team blog before you attempt to update. Once the baseband is updated, it cannot be undone and I would hate to see you lock out your phone.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

tawnytodd

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey, everybody. I've had an iPhone 4 for years, and it's been running on iOS 4.1 for years, and now I'm thinking abut updating it to iOS 6.1

It's currently unlocked to work with a T-Mobile SIM, and I want it t stay that way. Now, I don't know how it was unlocked before, since I took it t a shop where they unlocked fr me, but I moved and can't go to said shop. How do I unlock it t work with T-Mobile on iOS 6.1?

Upgrading an iPhone returns the lock status in most cases;mine was too and after I upgraded my iPhone4 ;I unlocked my mobile using the remote unlocking service from Superunlockcodes.com and removed the network lock.You also can use their service to unlock your mobile.

Headgame

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Just use a custom IPSW to upgrade and preserve your unlocked baseband probably 1.59. Check settings / about / modem to confirm. Lots of instructions online on how to do the custom upgrade and then jailbreak with evasi0n.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711