Should I update?
I'm sorry if there is already a post similar on this but Im using tapa talk and tried searching but nothing came up.
My 4s was jailbroken on 5.1.1.. I un-jailbroke it to take it in to my carrier to fix an issue with my voicemail password. They fixed the voicemail problem thankfully but also updated my phone to 6.0 without even asking me. I was highly ticked. So I'm still on 6.0 now trying to find out if I need to update or not.
So I guess my question would be is it ok to update to 6.0.1? I know a jb is probably no where near, but I'd hate to know I updated and a jb was released for ios 6.0 only or even the ablility to downgrade.
- 12-31-2012, 06:15 PM #2
- 12-31-2012, 06:56 PM #4
- 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM #5
- 01-02-2013, 02:24 PM #6Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?
So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
- 01-06-2013, 08:07 AM #7
Re: Should I update?
Also make sure you restore and not update through iTunes or over the air... might save you some headaches down the road.
Last edited by iDonev; 01-10-2013 at 07:14 AM.If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
- 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM #8
- 01-08-2013, 12:05 AM #9iMore Specialist
- 1,307 Posts
- iOS Version
Re: Should I update?
As the easiest way for someone at your carrier to fix a phone is to update the software. If you're ever going in for that sort of help, you should start by asking them not to upgrade it if you're not comfortable with the upgrade.
- By metroidmen in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 12Last Post: 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM
- By zrxoa1 in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 10-14-2012, 01:37 PM
- By ekneeiphone in forum iOS 6Replies: 7Last Post: 09-17-2012, 12:00 PM
- By fernandocruz in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 13Last Post: 09-09-2010, 03:35 PM
- By bgut1 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2009, 09:25 AM