Should I update?

brandonc_48

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if there is already a post similar on this but Im using tapa talk and tried searching but nothing came up.

My 4s was jailbroken on 5.1.1.. I un-jailbroke it to take it in to my carrier to fix an issue with my voicemail password. They fixed the voicemail problem thankfully but also updated my phone to 6.0 without even asking me. I was highly ticked. So I'm still on 6.0 now trying to find out if I need to update or not.

So I guess my question would be is it ok to update to 6.0.1? I know a jb is probably no where near, but I'd hate to know I updated and a jb was released for ios 6.0 only or even the ablility to downgrade.

Thanks

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry if there is already a post similar on this but Im using tapa talk and tried searching but nothing came up.

My 4s was jailbroken on 5.1.1.. I un-jailbroke it to take it in to my carrier to fix an issue with my voicemail password. They fixed the voicemail problem thankfully but also updated my phone to 6.0 without even asking me. I was highly ticked. So I'm still on 6.0 now trying to find out if I need to update or not.

So I guess my question would be is it ok to update to 6.0.1? I know a jb is probably no where near, but I'd hate to know I updated and a jb was released for ios 6.0 only or even the ablility to downgrade.

Thanks

Might as well go to 6.0.1. Staying on 6.0 won't make a jailbreak easier or faster. Either way, gonna be a while before a jb is released.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Might as well go to 6.0.1. Staying on 6.0 won't make a jailbreak easier or faster. Either way, gonna be a while before a jb is released.

With the last JB released, users had to upgrade from iOS5 to iOS5.1 or whatever it was before the JB would work. If/when there is a JB for iOS6, I'd bank on it being for the most current iOS out.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also make sure you restore and not update through iTunes or over the air... might save you some headaches down the road.

Last edited:

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
That's what I needed to know. Thanks

You're probably better off upgrading prior to the 6.1 release. Take the 5.1 update as an example. 5.1 isn't compatible with tools while 5.1.1 is. If you wait until 6.1 is out, you won't be able to upgrade to the 6.0.2.

As the easiest way for someone at your carrier to fix a phone is to update the software. If you're ever going in for that sort of help, you should start by asking them not to upgrade it if you're not comfortable with the upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73