if you can't jailbreak would you leave apple??

leave apple if no jailbreak?

• still with iphone without a jailbreak

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • leave apple and go elsewhere

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • dont care

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

tsailo82

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
i love my iphone 5 but feel that it would be so much better with a jailbreak. when my contract is up and a jailbreak still isnt available i may decide to jump ship and take my phone business else where. somewhere with more customizable options. what say the rest of you??

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Umm im not sure if i would jump ship or not ive never jailbroken before. This is my first iphones (4s and 5 bought same week ) im happy with them so far. One thing that drew me to them was jailbreaking capabilities but im getting use to ios. Ill give it 6 months to a year if not ill change one of my lines back to bb since i carry 2 phones.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've never JB before and it's not a reason that will make me jumpship. I don't ever see myself leaving iOS for windows, android or BB. I think I'm a lifer from here on out.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't jump ship because of jailbreak, but I wouldn't say I am a lifer. No one should say something like that. No one knows how ios will be in 5 years, it could be great or terrible. I am a fan of Apple but my like for them isn't blind, I like to judge the product before saying I will be with them for the rest of my life.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I really miss some tweaks from jailbreak, I don't know if I would leave Apple at this point but I was a big BlackBerry fan and it got stagnant and I left there few years ago. I feel Apple should allow us to install any apps that we choose as long as we agree to install unsigned apps. I'll have spent over $2000 on this device by the time my contract is up and I can't even install the apps that I choose, I feel like I'm just renting the device and didn't purchase it. I know this isn't a popular perspective but it's how I feel.

xkon

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking is fun but then with it comes the unknown instabilities.. I miss the notification bar icons and the notification toggles but i find without them, all is fine. It just means i leave Bluetooth on and i trust the auto brightness. Not a big enough reason to switch. I'd ask again in a few years. Blackberry OS was my favorite of a long time and didn't advance at all towards the end. Every new one had a bit more ram and maybe a bit better camera. iOS is advancing better than that!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not having the ability to jailbreak my i-devices was not a factor in my decision to purchase Apple products and it won't be a factor if I opt to replace those items with non-Apple products.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I did not purchase an iPhone anticipating that I would have ability to jailbreak. I am satisfied with the stock iPhone and will continue to use it as long as it meets my needs.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Like others have stated, the option to JB or not doesn't matter to me. I choose my 4S to perform as it is out of box. Now if years to come I feel I want/need a change or iOS doesn't meet my needs anymore then that's when i'll consider switching platforms. But for now I'm very content with where I am using my 4S. :)

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I Wouldn't Jump Ship, But I Hope There's A JB Soon... Miss Variety Of Tweeks.... My Fav Being Quick Messaging From The Lock Screen... I Also Hope Apple Get Back To Making Huge Strides In The Cellphone Realm Again... Not Saying That They Have Been Awful... Just Lately It Seems The Cellphone Game Has Been Minor Tweeks... :-/

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have jb all my iphones since the first iphone was released.
And i will defiantly leave the apple, if there no upcoming jb for the ip5.
I am gona buy the galaxy lte and hard test android, and still have my ip5 in case of some good news regards the jb. But if nothing happens and apple manage to keep their os from jb. I will leave the ship until they let their os free like android. Then i will join them full out again :)

Sent from my iP?n5, using Tapatalk

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm torn. I like where Android has gone and think its become more powerful than iOS but the app and ecosystem around iOS is still much better. Hopefully the new blood in iOS design will make some much needed overhauls to the OS and incorporate some of the great JB tweaks. Of course people wish for that every year. I'll wait to see what developments iOS 7 has in store before making that decision. Until then it's JB 5.1.1 for me.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
i love my iphone 5 but feel that it would be so much better with a jailbreak. when my contract is up and a jailbreak still isnt available i may decide to jump ship and take my phone business else where. somewhere with more customizable options. what say the rest of you??

Had my 4s without a JB for 6ish weeks. Hated not having quick text/quick response for texts. Not having easy toggles for Wi-fi/brightness/bluetooth etc also drove me nuts. Now I'm also in love with SwipeSelection. Not having these three tweaks would be VERY FRUSTRATING, frustrating enough to make me switch operating systems. Everything else I could do without.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
BiteSMS and customizing the look of the OS, and some other apps that aren't making it to the App store... I hope for a jb for my 5. :( Will I leave? Depends. I can just sell my 5, power on the 4 I kept, and be happy again. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711