Is my iPhone 3GS unlocked?

nodgie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently applied to my carrier for a hardware unlock, they said it would take a few days and I'd recieve an SMS when it's done. I haven't recieved the SMS yet but I went to this website: iPhone IMEI checker online FREE - iphoneox.com , entered my IMEI and it gave the following details:

Device IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Product description: iPhone 3GS 16GB Black
Telephone technical support: Expired
Warranty(repairs and service coverage): Expired
Activation status: Activated
Is registered: Yes
Sim lock status: Unlocked

I just want to be crystal clear, does this mean it's safe to upgrade my iOS 4.1 to 6.1 without unjailbreaking it again? I had enough headaches jailbreaking it.

nodgie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bad news.. I'm back to having "No Service" arrgh.

I've got iOS 6.0.1 on board, I did a backup/restore so I have all my contacts etc, Modem firmware is 05.13.04. (it used to be 06.15.00) I think I downgraded it. Could this be the problem?

I'd really appreciate any help on this. I can't even restore it back to iOS 4.1, I need my phone for work tomorrow.

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunanly buddy, those imei status checks for unlocks are not always correct.

You need to jailbreak your iPhone tethered via the latest version of Redsn0w however you must point to IOS 6 during the jailbreak and the tethered boot. So that means you need to download the fireware for IOS 6 for you device, even though you are on 6.0.1.

As you have downgraded your baseband you can unlock it with ultrasn0w from Cydia. BUT you must install the ultrasn0w fixer for 6.0.1 first and then ultrasnow.

Here is a guide if I made that sound to easy. Remember the process is almost exactly the same for unlocking IOS 6, but with IOS 6.0.1 you use the 6.0.1 ulrasn0w fixer.

Unlock iOS 6.0.1 On iPhone 4 And iPhone 3GS Using Ultrasn0w Fixer | Redmond Pie

This is a tethered jailbreak though unlike the un-tethered jailbreak you had back on 4.1.

Oh, you can always downgrade. But if I was you. I would stick with 6.0.1 because you are going to come across a lot of App's that won't work in 4.1. Or you might be able to get to 5.1.1 if Cydia saved you shsh blob file when you where previously jailbroken. That's another storey though.

Hope it helps.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
He was definitely jailbroken if he was unlocked via a software unlock. Simon guessing if he hooks his phone up to redsnow he might find he has all sorts of blobs saved!!!
Although I'm thinking it may be a few more lessons for him to get it back jailbroken and unlocked

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
He was definitely jailbroken if he was unlocked via a software unlock. Simon guessing if he hooks his phone up to redsnow he might find he has all sorts of blobs saved!!!
Although I'm thinking it may be a few more lessons for him to get it back jailbroken and unlocked

I'm guessing you mean Ollie buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77