Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    I'm in the navy and I have a 4s with sprint was wondering if there's a unlocking service in Japan or would it be better off to get a pre paid phone in Japan I would like to be able to talk to my wife and daughter while being in Japan gonna be there for at least 2 months... Leaving on the 3rd of jan...
  2. #2  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    I'm in the navy and I have a 4s with sprint was wondering if there's a unlocking service in Japan or would it be better off to get a pre paid phone in Japan I would like to be able to talk to my wife and daughter while being in Japan gonna be there for at least 2 months... Leaving on the 3rd of jan...


    Sprint will be able to unlock it for u for free. Just tell them u are being deployed to Japan, the may ask for a copy of ur orders but they'll do it for free. Good luck, and stay safe over seas
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Sprint will be able to unlock it for u for free. Just tell them u are being deployed to Japan, the may ask for a copy of ur orders but they'll do it for free. Good luck, and stay safe over seas
    They told me I can unlock it myself that all they can do is suspend it while I'm gone should I call again?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    Quote Originally Posted by rdiddy_25 View Post
    Sprint will be able to unlock it for u for free. Just tell them u are being deployed to Japan, the may ask for a copy of ur orders but they'll do it for free. Good luck, and stay safe over seas
    They told me that they will suspend it while I'm gone and that I can unlock it myself Since my account had a spending limit That the 4s has a SIM card in it already all I have to do is buy an international card
  5. #5  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    Quote Originally Posted by jnew619 View Post
    They told me that they will suspend it while I'm gone and that I can unlock it myself Since my account had a spending limit That the 4s has a SIM card in it already all I have to do is buy an international card

    Call back and talk with retention dept or a supervisor, they have to unlock it. All carriers have a military clause.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    jnew619's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    Said there's no way around it since I haven't had the account for 18 months yet that there's no way around it...
  7. #7  
    rdiddy_25's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

    Default Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

    Then I would suggest u purchase an unlock online for less than $10 and use a local sim there. Will be cheaper. And have sprint suspend the line, so u aren't charged while ur gone.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone know of an app that does this...
    By FendrGuitPlayr in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 09:01 PM
  2. Does anyone know of an app that does this?
    By ketz in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 03:33 PM
  3. Anyone know of an app named "Restaurants" ?
    By ame in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
  4. anyone know of an add on that makes the keyboard vibrate when you type
    By TOASTIE in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 03:18 PM
  5. Anyone know of an app/pkg that shows song titles in iFile, like "App Links" does...
    By LVCIFER in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions