Anyone know of an unlocking service in Japan?

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the navy and I have a 4s with sprint was wondering if there's a unlocking service in Japan or would it be better off to get a pre paid phone in Japan I would like to be able to talk to my wife and daughter while being in Japan gonna be there for at least 2 months... Leaving on the 3rd of jan...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the navy and I have a 4s with sprint was wondering if there's a unlocking service in Japan or would it be better off to get a pre paid phone in Japan I would like to be able to talk to my wife and daughter while being in Japan gonna be there for at least 2 months... Leaving on the 3rd of jan...

Sprint will be able to unlock it for u for free. Just tell them u are being deployed to Japan, the may ask for a copy of ur orders but they'll do it for free. Good luck, and stay safe over seas

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sprint will be able to unlock it for u for free. Just tell them u are being deployed to Japan, the may ask for a copy of ur orders but they'll do it for free. Good luck, and stay safe over seas

They told me I can unlock it myself that all they can do is suspend it while I'm gone should I call again?

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

They told me that they will suspend it while I'm gone and that I can unlock it myself Since my account had a spending limit That the 4s has a SIM card in it already all I have to do is buy an international card

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
They told me that they will suspend it while I'm gone and that I can unlock it myself Since my account had a spending limit That the 4s has a SIM card in it already all I have to do is buy an international card

Call back and talk with retention dept or a supervisor, they have to unlock it. All carriers have a military clause.

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Said there's no way around it since I haven't had the account for 18 months yet that there's no way around it...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Then I would suggest u purchase an unlock online for less than $10 and use a local sim there. Will be cheaper. And have sprint suspend the line, so u aren't charged while ur gone.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2