Results 1 to 5 of 5
[FIX] Siri unable to get current location
Well, this is my first post in iMore forum as i decided to get involved in here... Anyways don't be too rude guys hahaha
Okay so i am using iPhone 4S since its launch back on January, but today i noticed that Siri won't find any location nearby and she said 'unable to find your current location'
I live in Indonesia, way too far from US, and i'm on iOS 5.0.1, so i bought International Locations for Siri from Cydia.
It works like a charm until today Siri stopped working on finding locations such as malls, or restaurants.
So, i tried to reinstall the package and respring the iPhone, and had no luck. I also have tried to turn off Siri and turn it on again. I was desperate enough until at one point i decided to restore it. But i remembered that Apple had stopped signing iOS 5.0.1, and 5.1.1. So i basically can't get to the same iOS if i restore or upgrade to 5.1.1.
The solution is simple, but there is no such thing in Google. So i experimented twice and tested the solution with my brother's iPhone with the same problem
Go to Settings --> Location Services --> Siri, turn that off and turn back on. As easy as that!
I was amazed at first. But it might not fix the problem if you live outside US and without International Locations.
Anyway glad if i helped you
If there are post(s) that told you the same as i did please let me know
- 12-22-2012, 09:53 PM #2
- 12-22-2012, 10:57 PM #3
- 12-23-2012, 09:26 AM #4If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
- 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM #5
- By chiangn in forum SiriReplies: 4Last Post: 11-06-2011, 01:44 PM
- By khanlala in forum SiriReplies: 7Last Post: 10-19-2011, 07:18 AM
- By dakilla191 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2011, 05:17 AM
- By sicga in forum Development & ProgrammingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2010, 08:57 PM
- By zeloe326 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-09-2009, 11:34 PM