[FIX] Siri unable to get current location

rayjeremyyy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is my first post in iMore forum as i decided to get involved in here... Anyways don't be too rude guys hahaha

Okay so i am using iPhone 4S since its launch back on January, but today i noticed that Siri won't find any location nearby and she said 'unable to find your current location'
I live in Indonesia, way too far from US, and i'm on iOS 5.0.1, so i bought International Locations for Siri from Cydia.
It works like a charm until today Siri stopped working on finding locations such as malls, or restaurants.
So, i tried to reinstall the package and respring the iPhone, and had no luck. I also have tried to turn off Siri and turn it on again. I was desperate enough until at one point i decided to restore it. But i remembered that Apple had stopped signing iOS 5.0.1, and 5.1.1. So i basically can't get to the same iOS if i restore or upgrade to 5.1.1.

The solution is simple, but there is no such thing in Google. So i experimented twice and tested the solution with my brother's iPhone with the same problem
Go to Settings --> Location Services --> Siri, turn that off and turn back on. As easy as that!
I was amazed at first. But it might not fix the problem if you live outside US and without International Locations.

Anyway glad if i helped you :)
If there are post(s) that told you the same as i did please let me know :D

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On my iPad when I search for locations with Siri I get prompted to turn on Location Services... If I had to guess, International Locations has broken this dialog.
image.jpg