Redsnow and 6.0.1? doens't seem to be working

cvk14

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
i tried to follow the instructions on the redsnow site regarding how to jailbreak 6.0.1 ...

first problem is while using Redsnow 0.9.15b3 (supporting 6.1b4) it wount allow 6.0.1, but WILL allow 6.0. thus when i tried to jailbreak with 6.0, it would go.

any suggestions or maybe theres a trick on what i'm doing wrong based on the straight forward instructions on the redsnow site?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
You need to point it at 6.0 because of the missing keys.plist error.
So use the 6.0 to complete your 6.0.1 tethered jailbreak

cvk14

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the quick reply... i tried using 6.0, and it seemed to work, until its done with the process, then i try to use the "just boot" option since, from what i understand, its a tethered jailbreak. and nothing...

im expecting to find cydia, correct?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yup.
did you see a bunch of stuff happening on your iphone, like a hard disk with a green image, lots and lots of walls of text and the running pineapple?
maybe try rebooting again, some people report not having the cydia icon, also do a search for it in the springboard search page

cvk14

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
so heres what i've accomplished and failed at..

used redsnow 0.9.15b3. ios 6.0 IPSW, on a ipod touch 4g with 6.0.1

- did a clean refresh of the ipod touch
- opened redsnow and went into the extras, Selected IPSW, and sleected the 6.0 which it accepted. went back and went into jailbreak mode.
- entered DFU mode, it went through its stages, then had a green HD, followed by what looked like a unix verbose boot with scrolling text followed by the running pineapple.
- the device reboots once again, (maybe this is where im failing at this) i allow it to fully boot, then reenter DFU mode to do a "just boot".
- ipod touch boots up and nothing... no cydia... i tried a search via the spotlight, and nothing...
- tried a second boot... nothing...

notably, the "just boot" option seems to end on "waiting for reboot" and never ends... it doesn't seem notice that the device has rebooted.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
it shouldnt actually boot if its truly jailbroken...
when you select just boot, is your phone completely off when you start the process? or do you try to enter dfu while the device is on?
also make sure you are using the correct firmware, there is a difference between gsm(att) and cdma(verizon). also maybe you jailbreak using 6.0.1 firmware, and just boot using 6.0 firmware?
im not perfect on my ios6 advice as ive stayed far far away from it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro