Applications not opening.

Carver Bennett

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, i recently bought a ipad that someone already jail broke. This whole thing is new to me. My problem is when attempting to launch facebook and other apps, it will open momentarily but close immediatley. When the app is open, the only thing you can see is a white page, and the blue facebook banner at the top. Then it immediatley crashes and takes me back to the home screen. I tried reinstalling it but that doesnt work. Anyone have any suggestions so i can see my facebook wall and newsfeed?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's a good practice to wipe an already jail broken device - who knows what the previous owner has installed.
Simply connect to iTunes and hit restore. That will update the iPad to the newest version of the OS and remove the jailbreak.
If you want to be jail broken, I'd suggest you do two things before you hit restore in iTunes:
1. Search google for "how to back up SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella" and follow a guide.
2. Search google for "how to jailbreak [your iPad version] running [iOS version you will restore to]".

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello, i recently bought a ipad that someone already jail broke. This whole thing is new to me. My problem is when attempting to launch facebook and other apps, it will open momentarily but close immediatley. When the app is open, the only thing you can see is a white page, and the blue facebook banner at the top. Then it immediatley crashes and takes me back to the home screen. I tried reinstalling it but that doesnt work. Anyone have any suggestions so i can see my facebook wall and newsfeed?

if you dont care about what the other person did to the ipad, i.e you trust this person implicitly, then you could just put your device into "safemode" which means that mobiel substrate wont run any jailbreak apps or tweaks and see if facebook and all the other apps act as they should. then you will know its a problme with a tweak, and not a device issue.
that for me would be the first step.
open cydia, make sure that all the tweaks are fully updated, especially the "essential" upgrades
after that is done you can power down your ipad, then power it back on while holding down the volume down key, whcih will boot your device inta a state where mobiule substrate is disabled,,,, from there test all your apps, if they all work fine reboot device and then see if all your apps are working....
if not you need to find out the tweak that is causing the issue.
this would be done by going to sbsettings and turning off the tweaks one at a time (a respring will happen) and testing the apps, when the app that doesnt work, finally does work you will know that you have located the tweak that is causing the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73