Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Default December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

What do you all think?

Dream JB - Untethered iOS6 Jailbreak
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Re: December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

Well I'm just a newb, but I have been reading a lot about fake JB websites. I personally think that I will wait and see how it goes for everyone else before I try it out. If it is indeed real, I'm sure that people will comb through it with a fine-toothed comb, and if it's not legit, people will probably be screaming.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

ZOMG!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I said piracy was bad.
    Never have I said that I'm not a pirate.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

They should've released it on the 20th!! That way we can enjoy it for a day before the apocalypse
    Now seriously, I highly doubt it's legit. Do what AmpedPotato said: hold off on it for a few hours/days and see how things pan out.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by pilotnh View Post
    When there's a legit untethered jailbreak available, it will be written about on the iMore blog front page and Ally K. will explain it all. Anything else is just vaporware.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    jaybo910 (12-14-2012)
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

Actually this site is one of the slower ones for reporting Jailbreak news.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure it's a hoax but I'd love for it to be real for two reasons: 1. I really want my iPhone 5 jailbroken. 2. I'd really like to see some of the jailbreak community humbled a little.

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Actually this site is one of the slower ones for reporting Jailbreak news.
    Because time is taken to make sure things are legit and not a load of bovine processed feed grains.
    Thanked by:
    Blackfeet (12-14-2012)
    rdiddy_25 and Blackfeet like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,252 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    Because time is taken to make sure things are legit and not a load of bovine processed feed grains.

Well said my friend 😁
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

A lot of legit sites are reporting on dreamjb. They approach it with skepticism and caution but at least they report it. I prefer to see things reported with a warning and judge for myself. The front lobes of my brain controlling judgement are still functioning. You?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

This is amazing news!!! I miss my themes 😁

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The front lobes of my brain controlling judgement are still functioning. You?
    Quite well. I'm quite satisfied with iMore's coverage of jailbreak news. It may not always be first, but it's always truthful. I'll take truth over first and false any day.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

Agreed! I trust iMore more than everyone else. They're usually spot on!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,252 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Quite well. I'm quite satisfied with iMore's coverage of jailbreak news. It may not always be first, but it's always truthful. I'll take truth over first and false any day.

Like The Dan Patrick show says, "first and wrong is still first". Must be everyone else's modo too.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

For big news I agree. But you have to admit they lack when it comes to specific apps. They used to. When was the last time they wrote a story on a jailbreak tweak? Now compare that to the plethora of stories for App Store apps.

Just as an aside: I'm cool with the way things are. If they don't have the talent/time/reader interest for these stories, they should stick to big news. There are plenty of jailbreak-exclusive blogs out there that complement iMore quite well.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).
    iPhone Nanite

You are allowed to be a fan of this site and still read others though.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kralnor View Post
    HERESY! this man must be burned at the stake!

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kralnor View Post
    Really? Gee thanks for granting me that privilege...

I do read other sites - and find that iMore, as I said, is not always first - because they take the time to be accurate. I'll take accuracy first, thank you very much. I don't give a rip about first - especially when first is wrong.
    iMore Beginner

Out of curiosity, what other sites like iMore does everyone else visit? One that may be just as accurate ?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by itsdamage17 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what other sites like iMore does everyone else visit? One that may be just as accurate ?
    go to iDownloadBlog, they are THE best for jailbreak news IMHO

otherwise there are members of the Dev team that you can follow on Twitter as well
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

i am quite impressed with waht this thread has turned into!
    this had potential to be a real abuse fest! instead we have a civilized discussion on viable i-infosources
    well done everyone
    iMore Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    go to iDownloadBlog, they are THE best for jailbreak news IMHO

otherwise there are members of the Dev team that you can follow on Twitter as well
    Thanks! Def liking the site, bookmarked on my iPad now!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by itsdamage17 View Post
    I just wait for twitter to blow up with the JB is out! and then I head to iClarified which has been my number one source for as long as I have been JBing.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    i am quite impressed with waht this thread has turned into!
    this had potential to be a real abuse fest! instead we have a civilized discussion on viable i-infosources
    well done everyone
    it's all about to change Muhaha
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by iDonev View Post
    Just as an aside: I'm cool with the way things are. If they don't have the talent/time/reader interest for these stories, they should stick to big news. There are plenty of jailbreak-exclusive blogs out there that complement iMore quite well.
    I don't think it's a question of talent/time/reader interest. Just look at the forums there are a ton of knowledgable JBers they could tap to write for them. The threads show the interest, I think it's just more of a fact that they are about iDevices news, tips and usage. They cover the JB because when it breaks it is news but like you said there are other sites that are solely focused on JB info, news, tweaks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast