Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

As anyone who is interested in a new jailbreak probably knows by now, the developer behind the jailbreak being discussed here is supposed to update his site and his Twitter today with video "proof" of the jailbreak. While most of the iOS community seems to think this is a hoax or worse (possibly a way to get users to download malware) I'd be glad to see a new developer step up to the plate. Unlikely? Sure, but not impossible. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves us otherwise, if only because it feels good to hope again.

I do wish iMore covered these things a bit more often--to me it's not a matter of being "right" or "wrong," it's a matter of reporting interesting news as it arises. They covered iPhone 5 rumors and leaks; to my mind something like this is not so very different. Why not keep your readers informed?
    BLiNK likes this.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Default December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

Quote Originally Posted by pilotnh View Post
    What a joke!!

The sites name gives it away surely.

DREAM ON.

Just my opinion anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by 1982ollie; 12-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Default Re: December 22nd untethered iOS6 / iPhone 5 Jailbreak- hoax or reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    As anyone who is interested in a new jailbreak probably knows by now, the developer behind the jailbreak being discussed here is supposed to update his site and his Twitter today with video "proof" of the jailbreak. While most of the iOS community seems to think this is a hoax or worse (possibly a way to get users to download malware) I'd be glad to see a new developer step up to the plate. Unlikely? Sure, but not impossible. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves us otherwise, if only because it feels good to hope again.

I do wish iMore covered these things a bit more often--to me it's not a matter of being "right" or "wrong," it's a matter of reporting interesting news as it arises. They covered iPhone 5 rumors and leaks; to my mind something like this is not so very different. Why not keep your readers informed?
    exactly. nothing wrong with watching how this pans out. worst case scenario everyone goes back their normal lives

it boggles my mind as to why some people are so passionate that this is indeed a fake. i'll laugh my *** off if it is Geohot making a return!
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Fake confirmed:

http://www.besttechinfo.com/dream-jb...onfirmed-fake/

iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    Fake confirmed:

Dream JB iOS 6 And 6.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Confirmed Fake

I wouldn't really say that's confirmed fake. Its just some people that are skeptical. Don't get me wrong, I am too, but I wouldn't go so far as to call this fake yet.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Fake confirmed:

There's no confirmation at all there—just guesses. The last line says "stay tuned."
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Fake confirmed:

and what? these guys have been saying this since Dream JB came around. where's the confirmation that it is indeed fake?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

I don't think it'll be legitimate but who knows. He's posting his proof sometime in the next two hours or so. If it is true I'm going to wait a couple days to get it and make sure the braver people still have use of their phones.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

whats the spirit of this season about without unbridled optimism???
    i am going to completely go against all realistic thoughts and believe that this is indeed true, and safe, and will be offered for free on 12-22-12 as a sort of "yay were all still here gift"
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Video 1

idk know what to believe. i just hope its real more so musclenerd and ih8sn0w would shut the hell up

the comments on this video are blowing UP. literally
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts

I don't think it's real. He never shows his computer and the Cydia app looks off center. Also the phone boots straight to home screen without slide to unlock showing up. I'm not saying for sure it's fake but this is my opinion :/ I wish it was real I'm super excited for a jailbreak
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

FWIW he's releasing it tonight! lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

I have no clue if it is real or not. His tweets are well..weird I guess?
    https://twitter.com/DreamJailbreak

Shrugs. I'm at work and my computer won't allow me access to see or not lol. Man I wish I were still on an older iOS lol.

BA HA HA! I refreshed my screen. I bet there are thousands of sad, very mad people out there. Gotta love social experiments.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Rick Roll. fell hard too lol
    saichick04 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Ha ha I didn't click any links or anything on his site but I told myself I see a Rick Roll or Nyan Cat somewhere in the near future. I'm literally laughing out loud.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

So... Confirmed for fake huh?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by AmpedPotato View Post
    So... Confirmed for fake huh?
    Yep, nothing to see.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

i cant believe it wasnt real! all my hopes and dreams were crushed!
    1982ollie likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12