Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Default App/tweak to bypass password input in lockscreen

Hi everyone,
    Do you feel that having to input your password whenever u wanna use your phone is a little irritating? But you feel that u have no choice because it offers some kind of protection in case u lose your device.
    I am aware of putting the lockscreen to prompt password after a certain amount of time but thats not very useful in many situations. Also know of the Android lockscreen app, which is probably more conveniet because of the swipe gesture instead of typing.
    However, is there a tweak/app that can bypass inputing password when u access your device?
    I am thinking maybe an Activator gesture or some double-triple tap in a certain area of the Lockscreen.
    If u have any info, please share them
    Thank you very much!
    iPhone Beginner

Default Re: App/tweak to bypass password input in lockscreen

If you are jailbroken, there are at least two apps that will disable your password while you are on your home WIFI network, or one of your choosing, work for example, and automatically enable the password when you leave that area. CleverPin is one and the other is called AutoProtect. Both work fine, I prefer AutoProtect.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Pocobear View Post
    If you are jailbroken, there are at least two apps that will disable your password while you are on your home WIFI network, or one of your choosing, work for example, and automatically enable the password when you leave that area. CleverPin is one and the other is called AutoProtect. Both work fine, I prefer AutoProtect.
    Thanks for your input Pocobear. I checked out both CleverPin & AutoProtect. While both offers solutions, I would prefer something that doesn't require Location Services and WiFi turned on.

I'm specifically looking for something that offers a hidden gesture to unlock the Lockscreen without having to put in the lock code/password. Hidden gesture or hidden 'active' area.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you!
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Stop trying to break into somebody's phone is my advice

I said piracy was bad.
    Never have I said that I'm not a pirate.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    Stop trying to break into somebody's phone is my advice

I said piracy was bad.
    Never have I said that I'm not a pirate.
    Hi 3cit,
    I am sorry but i think u may have gotten the wrong idea i am not trying to break into anybody's' phone. In fact, i am trying to prevent my privacy & data in case of theft. But with a hidden gesture or hidden active area.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'd go with one of the WiFi apps recommended above. The other option is to install an app like AndroidLock XT or Stride ( I think that was the name... ) which replaces the PIN with a custom pattern. It may sound fancy, but it's actually less secure.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).