Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laelipoo
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default How to downgrade from iOS 6.0 to 5.1.1 without saved SHSH blobs? I want to jailbreak

Hello guys, Ive been a lurker on here for a while and finally decided to join. Now, I have the new iPad and I upgraded to iOS 6 when it was released. Now I want to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 so that I can jailbreak it again. I already have redsn0w but I cant find the ipsw file. Also, when I updated to iOS 6.0 I didnt save any SHSH blobs, is there a work around for this or am I SOL? Let me know if you guys need any more info.

Thank you guys in advance!
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Re: How to downgrade from iOS 6.0 to 5.1.1 without saved SHSH blobs? I want to jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by jbaeza83 View Post
    Hello guys, Ive been a lurker on here for a while and finally decided to join. Now, I have the new iPad and I upgraded to iOS 6 when it was released. Now I want to downgrade to iOS 5.1.1 so that I can jailbreak it again. I already have redsn0w but I cant find the ipsw file. Also, when I updated to iOS 6.0 I didnt save any SHSH blobs, is there a work around for this or am I SOL? Let me know if you guys need any more info.

Thank you guys in advance!
    sorry dude your stuck where you are until they relase a new jailbreak
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: How to downgrade from iOS 6.0 to 5.1.1 without saved SHSH blobs? I want to jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    sorry dude your stuck where you are until they relase a new jailbreak

Dang, that is disappointing. Currently there isnt a tether jailbreak for A5 devices either right?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default How to downgrade from iOS 6.0 to 5.1.1 without saved SHSH blobs? I want to jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by jbaeza83 View Post
    Dang, that is disappointing. Currently there isnt a tether jailbreak for A5 devices either right?
    Nothing dude. Sorry

I said piracy was bad.
    Never have I said that I'm not a pirate.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    so you're a pirate. got it.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    so you're a pirate. got it.
    Never have i said that I am a pirate

I said piracy was bad.
    iPhone Nanite

I don't know if I'm stuck in the same boat as this guy. I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1 also and I got tiny umbrella, but when I use redsnow to jb my phone it says that it cant use any of the shsh blobs that I have saved. Am I as screwed as this guy?
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Squagga View Post
    I don't know if I'm stuck in the same boat as this guy. I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1 also and I got tiny umbrella, but when I use redsnow to jb my phone it says that it cant use any of the shsh blobs that I have saved. Am I as screwed as this guy?
    if you were never jailbrokenwhile apple was still signing blobs for 5.1.1 then you are stuck.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

For the record, OTA SHSH or ones that are from "upgrading" in iTunes usually are not complete and work for restoring. It's annoying but the dev-team recommends to always restore then restore from backup and then save your blobs however you choose.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    sherlock likes this.