iPad4 - Jailbreak, Bluetooth and Appstore

bagarwa

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, i got my first iOs device - the iPad 4 a few days back. Coming from Android, the various restriction here and there are very irritating to me and I'm looking forward to jailbreaking it. But after a little Googling around, I found thee's no public method yet. :(

1. Somewhere I heard there's a "developer only" jailbreak metho9d available. That true? I need a Appstore developer account for that?
  2. Most of the forums I read users are waiting for 'untethered' method. I'm cool with tethered method too, if it is available.
  3. Does jailbreaking wipe the device's memory/data like rooting/flashing ROM does on Android devices?
  4. Biggest question though - is it still legal? Some DMCA case had rendered jailbreaking tablets illegal in usa, if I read a news last month right. :(

A few hugely irritating issues I'm having with iOS -
  1. No Bluetooth file transfer....!!!! WHAT...?? Seriously..? It came as a shock to me.
  2. How do I stop App Store from asking me my Apple id password every god-damned time I try to download something from appstore?

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash iOS or apple here. I love the beautiful UI of iOS; that's why I got it. Just stumbling here n there; hence asking for your help.
Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So, i got my first iOs device - the iPad 4 a few days back. Coming from Android, the various restriction here and there are very irritating to me and I'm looking forward to jailbreaking it. But after a little Googling around, I found thee's no public method yet. :(

1. Somewhere I heard there's a "developer only" jailbreak metho9d available. That true? I need a Appstore developer account for that?
  2. Most of the forums I read users are waiting for 'untethered' method. I'm cool with tethered method too, if it is available.
  3. Does jailbreaking wipe the device's memory/data like rooting/flashing ROM does on Android devices?
  4. Biggest question though - is it still legal? Some DMCA case had rendered jailbreaking tablets illegal in usa, if I read a news last month right. :(

A few hugely irritating issues I'm having with iOS -
  1. No Bluetooth file transfer....!!!! WHAT...?? Seriously..? It came as a shock to me.
  2. How do I stop App Store from asking me my Apple id password every god-damned time I try to download something from appstore?

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash iOS or apple here. I love the beautiful UI of iOS; that's why I got it. Just stumbling here n there; hence asking for your help.
Thanks

No there is no jb yet that I know of or it would be all over
I think on tablets it's going to become illegal but phones its legal but previous I know it's been legal not sure when its changed or if it has yet
Jb does not wipe any data from the device

Blue tooth file transfer ..dont see a reason apple doesn't have a open file system so whatever app you use for a document stores within the app or a cloud based solution

As far as downloading apps no you have to enter a password

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The jailbreak out there requires a paid Apple Dev account.

As to why there's no bluetooth file transfer - Apple is against having a user-facing file structure, so it's a slim to none chance that we'll ever see what you want.

As or passwords: once you buy an app, the next time you grab it, it will be seamless. The 10 minute window mentioned by thejasonhowell is also true.

As to the legality of the jailbreak: call me rebel, but I don't care that's illegal. Even if it was legal it would still void your warranty (which can easily be reversed) and the FBI has far more serious criminals to pursue than us geeks... I think...