Restore my JB iPhone 4S 5.1.1 to pure 5.1.1 (Errors 11, 1600, 3194)
I have my year-old iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1 that was jailbroken as soon as Absinthe was made available and things have been fine (excluding a perceived reduction in battery life) until I did some messing around with the USB behavior (with the USB Mass Storage thing on Cydia, which doesn't work very well at all, actually) which didn't play nice with My-Wi. Also I can't seem to get my laptop to recognise my phone's Bluetooth either (so I can only tether with Wifi or USB, and USB is temperamental).
I'd like to "factory reset" my iPhone to iOS 5.1.1 without a jailbreak, so I can be sure my phone is still a-okay, and run some battery-life tests, and then re-jailbreak my phone.
Cydia saved my SHSH for 5.1.1 and 6.0.1 (even though I never installed 6.0.1 :S). TinyUmbrella v6.01.01 also transferred my blobs from Cydia to my local machine when I ran it today. I'm also running iTunes 11. I downloaded the 5.1.1 IPSW from Apple's website.
I followed the instructions here: [url=http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/how-downgrade-preserve-firmware-your-iphone-9736/]How to downgrade or preserve the firmware of your iPhone[/url]
- My phone enters DFU mode fine
- iTunes lets me specify the 5.1.1 IPSW file and it begins to unpack it
- iTunes seems to use the TinyUmbrella TSS server running on my computer and it begins to do something with the IPSW file
- Then I get this error message: "An unknown error occured (1600)"
- Apple says this issue is related to 1604, which is caused by using a bad USB cable or a USB hub (I was actually using a cheap iPhone cable bought off eBay, and it was plugged into the USB hub in my laptop's docking station, so I pulled-out my original Apple cable and plugged it directly into my computer, however I got the same 1600 error message
- I disabled TinyUmbrella and told it to use Apple's servers, but then I got error 3194 straight away when I selected the IPSW file (because Apple has stopped signing it, presumably)
- I tried some other things (including non-DFU Recovery Mode) and got an Error 11 somewhere - I forgot what I did exactly
- I also tried using Redsnow. The latest version I could see was 0.9.10b5c, which doesn't let me stitch my IPSW file because it says my phone model isn't supported.
- Oh, just now I found Redsnow 0.9.12b1, I tried Extras > Even More > Restore and used the Remote button (the Local button was disabled). It did some work and then gave me a blank error message with the caption "Couldn't restore".
My phone is still alive and working on 5.1.1, but I just want to restore it to stock 5.1.1. Is there any hope for me right now?
I found Redsnow 0.9.15b3 and I thought I was having some success with it, but after I entered recovery mode to restore 5.1.1 it failed, saying it thinks I guessed my firmware 5.1.1 incorrectly. But I know my phone is 5.1.1. I heard there were two releases of 5.1.1 (an initial relese, then a "b" release). Is this true? If so, how can I be sure what is on my phone?